String of bad luck!

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Man, I must have some terrible Karma or just bad luck in general!

It started last week, I had to vacate a renter from my property because he trashed the place & threatened my family (with bodily harm) so I went to vacate him and he decided to pull a knife on me because he didn't want to leave the property. (Plus he didn't have a ride so I was stupid enough to give him a ride 45 minutes away to get him off the property, & I kinda felt bad for him anyways)

Then a couple of days later 4 punks were picking on a 16 year old kid, so I helped the kid out and of course the others decided to shift there violence to me. So I ended up letting them hit me as hard as they could multiple times, fortunately iron shirt comes in handy ; )
So then I ended accidently bloodying one of the guys face I tried to hold back but it popped out by mistake. (Chopped him upside the mouth)

So 2 days later someone broke into my house for the 2nd time, then a day later they did it again. I changed all the locks. (There's been a string of breakins and vandalism to peoples property lately.

But on the plus side nothings happened so far this week.

Hopefully better lucks in store. Oh well it builds character.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then a couple of days later 4 punks were picking on a 16 year old kid, so I helped the kid out and of course the others decided to shift there violence to me. So I ended up letting them hit me as hard as they could multiple times, fortunately iron shirt comes in handy ; )
So then I ended accidently bloodying one of the guys face I tried to hold back but it popped out by mistake. (Chopped him upside the mouth)

I don't get this... did you play RoShamBo with them or something?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, I must have some terrible Karma or just bad luck in general!

It started last week, I had to vacate a renter from my property because he trashed the place & threatened my family (with bodily harm) so I went to vacate him and he decided to pull a knife on me because he didn't want to leave the property. (Plus he didn't have a ride so I was stupid enough to give him a ride 45 minutes away to get him off the property, & I kinda felt bad for him anyways)

So 2 days later someone broke into my house for the 2nd time, then a day later they did it again. I changed all the locks. (There's been a string of breakins and vandalism to peoples property lately.

But on the plus side nothings happened so far this week.

Hopefully better lucks in store. Oh well it builds character.

Did he cut you? Sounds like you took the high ground.

Are the kids parents trying to sue you for busting their kids mouth? Are the cops charging you with assaulting a minor? What happened with the kid you "saved"?

When your house was broken into did they steal anything of personal meaning? Do you have homeowner's insurance to cover the loss?

Did you learn anything from any of these events that will help you in the future?

Are you still alive and relatively uninjured?

I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around; seen it happen too many times. Positive thoughts and actions beget positive, and negative begets negative but sometimes it's a matter of perspective. :)

Anyway, I hope the remainder of the year is a little more stress-free for you. I have friends that are or have been involved with property management and they all say it's a big headache. Good luck!

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When ever bad things happen I know it is just a matter of time that good things will come around. One way of looking at unfortunate events is a manner of testing your patience and virtue.

This is something that I am looking forward to:
Browines with double chocolate chip cookies in the center with walnuts and almonds frosting and whipcream and icecream hot fudge

I will call it the Repenter for that is what you must do for eating such a sin!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sending lots of good thoughts your way. I hope things get better soon! :asian:

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My apologies,
I left a few variables unchecked.

Ill go into further detail:

Suprisingly both instances led to little to no violence atleast from my part...

The 1st where the guy pulled the knife: he was probably around a step away from being able to cut me so I realized I had a little time to react. (Plus he was aware that I practice M.A. so he was pretty cautious of me) he pointed it at my face, I guess to make me scared or something?? So I told him to get the knife out of my face & put it down or there would be consequences, suprisingly he complied. So from this part he rattled and ranted a little and ended saying he has to leave or he will do something he's sorry about later. (To clear up a few things I did a little ranting as well, but he knew it wasn't in his best interest to attack me)
So he went to call for a ride to pick him up & no one wanted to. (He was just kicked out of the last place he stayed...) so I said that's fine dude, ill take you to where you need to go you just can't stay here. Pretty much end of story, he's harrassed some of my family on the phone a few times but its been around a week so I think he's moved on.

The 2nd situation: nah it wasn't roshambo (they did all the hitting lol)
I let each one strike me with whatever wherever 3 or 4 times each. (Without weapons)

And the last time after it was over the larger guy decided to throw a punch at my head (it was already 5 minutes later) so I used a mantis ou sau and chopped his face out of reaction and after that it may have cracked a few teeth but everyone else decided they were done. Except for another 16 year old who said he's going to go get his crew and come back I said that's fine I live at that corner house. (Probably not the best thing to say)

Then I took the other kid to his grandmas, he's was fine. (No injuries)

As far as lawsuits only the 1st person that had the knife tried to file one. (But had nothing to go on, so it was all dropped)

The breakins the 1st time they stole jewelry, cash, small electronic items. (Not really anything important than again I have mostly junk anyways)

The 2nd time cash, change, dvd's, small electronics.

The 3rd time (lol, all I really had left was food. So they ate some and left)

Only minimal damage, broke a window. Few appliances etc...

Side note: all the kids except one that were trying to fight with me were 18+ so only 1 was 16. (No suets(spell ?) filed)

Thanks for the well wishes.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Reaction score
Damn bro,
Is this a test or what? I will say you handled it a lot better than I would have. First guy, in a coma after I stuck that knife of his up his *** sideways. 2nd, would have brutally destroyed one of the four and watched his friends runaway. And 3rd, well if I didn't catch the guy who broke into my house, would have just sat there feeling violated and pissed.( not much you can do about that one) They didn't drink any of your good beer did they? That would have sent me over the edge!

I wish you the best of luck my friend in the upcoming days, months and years!

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey thanks man,

Appreciated. Nah fortunately they didn't drink my beer (although 1 was missing?)
Stella artois, I love that beer.

On a side note:

I went into the situation knowing that I was stronger mentally, plus I've been in the ring, had full contact fights and had street fights so I had experience on my side which helped.
I always try to keep in mind worst case scenario because like they say sh** happens (especially when your not prepared) (lol, I'm not saying I'm a great fighter. Maybe decent with lots of room for improvement : )

So knowing that my entire strategy was to scare them, so as to win the battle without little casualties. (Plus the 1st kid was diagnosed with a mental condition, and I'm a martial artist I could see in the papers local m.a. beats up handicapped kid...)

So I'm happy with the results.

As far as the 1st guy that broke into my house he's in jail now, but said he's going kill me when he gets out...

Also they've been having breakins every other day in that neighborhood, breaking car windows, stealing equipment etc...

So ill probably move pretty soon.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Reaction score
Like I said, you handled it way better than I would have. Maybe that's good luck, you face your attackers, you weren't hurt or your attackers. And you'll move to a better place. WINNER!

*tipping my hat to you good sir*

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There must be something in the water. Lots of people in my neck o' the woods are going through it too.

My health is in the crapper, to the point that I'm still considering the hospital as a viable last resort.

An acquaintance lost her job and is now homeless.

My neighbor has been fighting for several months now to rescue a longtime friend with Alzheimers from an abusive situation. He just got word that her caretakers are suing him for visiting her with a small gift and saying "I love you."

I don't know why it is (and it tempts me to learn about astrology,) but these shitstorms seem to hit everyone at once, carrying most boats along with it. Just hang on - it'll pass soon enough.

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Flea,

Wow! No kidding that's rough, try & hold out all this will pass away soon.

On the plus side atleast you have M.A. friends on this forum to do there best to comfort you and maybe it helps or not but atleast keep you in our thoughts and for some prayers. (For me Mantra's, not much difference) although I pray too, just don't agree with the concept of religion. (Methods- not religion, sorry pet peeve)

But whatever the problem feel free to consult with your m.a. friends here if not at your local Dojo/Dojang/Kwoon etc...

Best wishes : )

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry about the string of bad luck, hoefully it will get better.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
My apologies,
I left a few variables unchecked.

Ill go into further detail:

Suprisingly both instances led to little to no violence atleast from my part...

The 1st where the guy pulled the knife: he was probably around a step away from being able to cut me so I realized I had a little time to react. (Plus he was aware that I practice M.A. so he was pretty cautious of me) he pointed it at my face, I guess to make me scared or something?? So I told him to get the knife out of my face & put it down or there would be consequences, suprisingly he complied. So from this part he rattled and ranted a little and ended saying he has to leave or he will do something he's sorry about later. (To clear up a few things I did a little ranting as well, but he knew it wasn't in his best interest to attack me)
So he went to call for a ride to pick him up & no one wanted to. (He was just kicked out of the last place he stayed...) so I said that's fine dude, ill take you to where you need to go you just can't stay here. Pretty much end of story, he's harrassed some of my family on the phone a few times but its been around a week so I think he's moved on.

The 2nd situation: nah it wasn't roshambo (they did all the hitting lol)
I let each one strike me with whatever wherever 3 or 4 times each. (Without weapons)

And the last time after it was over the larger guy decided to throw a punch at my head (it was already 5 minutes later) so I used a mantis ou sau and chopped his face out of reaction and after that it may have cracked a few teeth but everyone else decided they were done. Except for another 16 year old who said he's going to go get his crew and come back I said that's fine I live at that corner house. (Probably not the best thing to say)

Then I took the other kid to his grandmas, he's was fine. (No injuries)

As far as lawsuits only the 1st person that had the knife tried to file one. (But had nothing to go on, so it was all dropped)

The breakins the 1st time they stole jewelry, cash, small electronic items. (Not really anything important than again I have mostly junk anyways)

The 2nd time cash, change, dvd's, small electronics.

The 3rd time (lol, all I really had left was food. So they ate some and left)

Only minimal damage, broke a window. Few appliances etc...

Side note: all the kids except one that were trying to fight with me were 18+ so only 1 was 16. (No suets(spell ?) filed)

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hey thanks man,

Appreciated. Nah fortunately they didn't drink my beer (although 1 was missing?)
Stella artois, I love that beer.

On a side note:

I went into the situation knowing that I was stronger mentally, plus I've been in the ring, had full contact fights and had street fights so I had experience on my side which helped.
I always try to keep in mind worst case scenario because like they say sh** happens (especially when your not prepared) (lol, I'm not saying I'm a great fighter. Maybe decent with lots of room for improvement : )

So knowing that my entire strategy was to scare them, so as to win the battle without little casualties. (Plus the 1st kid was diagnosed with a mental condition, and I'm a martial artist I could see in the papers local m.a. beats up handicapped kid...)

So I'm happy with the results.

As far as the 1st guy that broke into my house he's in jail now, but said he's going kill me when he gets out...

Also they've been having breakins every other day in that neighborhood, breaking car windows, stealing equipment etc...

So ill probably move pretty soon.

Well, you sustained no serious injury though you were some pretty bad situations from the sound of it where the odds were stacked against you.

You lost nothing of personal value, especially the beer! :cheers: Hey, beer's really important! lol

The one person that did try to file a suite against you failed miserably.

There's a grateful 16 year old and a grateful grand-ma because of your good deed.

...oh and you still have your beer!

Sounds like you were seriously inconvenienced, but all in all had some pretty good luck! :)

Maybe that 16 year old kid you helped will return the favor and help you move.

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey celtic crippler,
Difference between optimistic & pessimistic lol.

Thanks for putting it back into perspective.

Latest Discussions