Sony PSP GO

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The price tag is expected to be $249.99.
Importantly, the Go ditches the disc drive that came previous PSP iterations – a move that could usher in a new era of digital distribution for Sony. PSP Go users will have to buy their new titles directly from the PlayStation store, streamlining the buying process and potentially cutting the local video game store out of the equation. The recent game Patapon 2 tested these waters by letting PSP owners download the title directly or buy a box from their local shop that contains a vochure code for the online store.

http://features.csmonitor.com/innov...-the-apple-playbook-rolls-out-pint-sized-psp/

Sony's PSP was a great system but it lacked the games compared to the DS which took the hand held market. I was hoping the DSI would have taken the features of the PSP such as WIFI and music player to really hold on to that hand held king spot.

Sony has lost alot with Playstation 3 three billion dollars lost.
I think the PSP Go is going to cause even more lose and Sony should think about getting out of the videogame area.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, but outside of the games, the PSP GO seems like an iphone.

But I do have a warm place in my heart for the PSP, which helped me survive countless plane rides and road trips. My PSP served as my primary mp3 player and backup internet portal for quite a long time.

However, considering the age of the iPhone, the PSP GO seems like Sony is reaching for an already crowded market.

If they made the GO a phone and had a wireless broadband USB connector for my laptop, then I'd buy it.