What a pain in the ummm... neck! :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been longer than usual (for me) since I've been on here- it's been a hectic week! Now I have to vent, so please be understanding. Has anyone had those days where it's just BAD? I mean absolutely nothing goes right for you- if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck kind of days? Yeah, that's me! For example- yesterday, I went to the post office (which was closed at a certain time), then when I restarted my car- no A/C, and it was nearly 90 outside (and humid). Not only that, but my radio/ cd player kept (and still is) shutting on and off for no obvious reasons! By the evening, I was CRANKY! I had idiot drivers that didn't know what stop signs and right of ways were, etc. etc. etc. Then this morning there was only me and my boss working, and the freight I was working on, decided to topple over- spilling strawberries, blueberries, etc. all over the floor- I was no where near or even touching the side that fell. At that point, I felt like strangling someone (not in the literal since, but still...). I've been threatening to take a "Mental Health" day all day. Now I'm a bit better, but the day isn't finished yet, so we'll see. My a/c is working now, at least, so that's a plus! Sorry for the long post, I just needed to let it out though.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
ouch! I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Did venting help?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awwwww. *hugs*

I've definitely had days like like. I think everyone needs to take a mental health day off here and there. Hope the rest of the day picks up for you. At least it's Friday. :D

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, venting did help! Thanks! I have to work tomorrow, so I hope it isn't like today or yesterday.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
Yes, venting did help! Thanks! I have to work tomorrow, so I hope it isn't like today or yesterday.

ACK! That thought actually crossed my mind as I was posting that at least it was Friday. LOL. My luck, you do. heh

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
something that i've always thought is cute...

This is for anyone who ever messes up, even once. This includes, but is not limited to, losing an important document, losing your phone even if it's just in your car or on your desk, listening to someone talk to you about you and not have it register (you know who you are), accidentally bombing a test, saying something you shouldn't when you shouldn't, tripping up or down the stairs in front of that really hot person in your class,falling down steps and landing on both your knees, staying up til 3:30 am just because you aren't tired ... but definitely being too exhausted to make it to your 8 am the next day, being drunk on a weekday, drunk dialing, wearing pajams to class everyday, forgetting someone's birthday, missing a deadline, making an *** of yourself, hurting someone you care about inadvertently, getting caught doing something you shouldn't, eating 12 pieces of toast in one sitting ... It doesn't mean you actually suck at life, but sometimes you're lacking ... and that is OK.

references class but can be replaced by work...i think everyone can in someway relate to this...i know i can :) and sometimes when we have those days...it makes to good ones that much better...but usually we just don't realize it as much as we realize the bad ones

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Slippery_Pete said:
something that i've always thought is cute...

This is for anyone who ever messes up, even once. This includes, but is not limited to, losing an important document, losing your phone even if it's just in your car or on your desk, listening to someone talk to you about you and not have it register (you know who you are), accidentally bombing a test, saying something you shouldn't when you shouldn't, tripping up or down the stairs in front of that really hot person in your class,falling down steps and landing on both your knees, staying up til 3:30 am just because you aren't tired ... but definitely being too exhausted to make it to your 8 am the next day, being drunk on a weekday, drunk dialing, wearing pajams to class everyday, forgetting someone's birthday, missing a deadline, making an *** of yourself, hurting someone you care about inadvertently, getting caught doing something you shouldn't, eating 12 pieces of toast in one sitting ... It doesn't mean you actually suck at life, but sometimes you're lacking ... and that is OK.

references class but can be replaced by work...i think everyone can in someway relate to this...i know i can :) and sometimes when we have those days...it makes to good ones that much better...but usually we just don't realize it as much as we realize the bad ones
Could'nt have said it better myself :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a comparison for you -, sent to me by a friend who sends me jokes - it always makes me laugh when I have a bad day!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Next time you have a bad day at work, think of this guy. Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to The X, 103.2 on your FM dial in Ft Wayne IN, who was sponsoring a "worst job experience" contest. Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you’ve been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it’s not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It’s a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: we have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose.

Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I’ve used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It’s like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now, since I don’t have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn’t stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into my butt. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with 5 other divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make 3 agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling 35 minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn’t poop for 2 days because my butthole was swollen shut. So, next time you’re having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow...now that would be a bad day...i guess every type of job has bad days...just got to learn how to roll with the punches and take what they give you and turn it out into something no one ever thought, or dreamed, it could be...does that make sense...its along the whole life gives you lemons make some mountain dew!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
Has anyone had those days where it's just BAD? I mean absolutely nothing goes right for you- if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck kind of days?

Hooo Boy!!!Been there...Spilled hot coffee in my lap..The cigarette I flipped out the window didn't want to leave me and flew back into the car and landed on the floormat..Almost had 2 accidents due to idiots talking the their cell phones and then I realized that i had forgotten my acess card which means that I couldn't get in ANYWHERE for the entire shift ..I went home and took a personal day...With the day starting out as it was I envisioned pulling my weapon and shooting myself in the foot..

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kacey said:
Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

OMG...poor guy. Having a jellyfish up your butt certainly wasn't funny to him, but how could you *not* laugh at his predicament? :lol:

Makes one's worst day at the office seem like a walk in the park, eh?

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
OMG...poor guy. Having a jellyfish up your butt certainly wasn't funny to him, but how could you *not* laugh at his predicament? :lol:

Makes one's worst day at the office seem like a walk in the park, eh?

Agreed- having a jellyfish up the crack isn't anyone's idea of fun, but it really had me laughing like mad! Thanks for sharing! By sunday of that week, my week had gotten better. I got stressed to the point of having a tension headache, and yes- that was the week I didn't have enough sleep earlier.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have gone through time periods where I wandered why I even got out of bed. To be truthful, it will be a better day tomorrow.

Latest Discussions