Street Fighters, competitions etc

OP
V

vincefuess

Nobody looks good in a street fight. I've never seen a graceful neanderthal, which is what you are in a street fight.

Tournaments are games, plain and simple. I hate shooting pool- but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sux- just not my cup of tea. I have some pretty forms I compete with at tourneys, but I teach and train in nasty techniques suitable for any gutter as well.

Never place limits on yourself- the world will do that for you.

10,000 Hit Combo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've had a little tiff just the other day. Technically it was a streetfight, but it didn't get very ugly. It was a heated argument, well, I had no idea what was going on and then pop to the nose. I back up, a little dancing, and I just out did him, bloody nose and all. MA might work, might not, but conditioning will always improve your chances.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
In street fighting you assume your life will be taken. You do not think, you do. There's a difference between being "aggressed" and being jumped, stabbed and "riverdanced". The situation will be what it is and no one ever KNOWS. Be as ready as you can and learn some good fighting techniques. The best thing to do to prepare yourself is to be very fit. Buy some running shoes and keep your surroundings in mind. If you're attuned to the street trust your vibes and don't walk anywhere that will put you in a comprimising position or situation. 99% of self defense IS common sense. Don't go to the wrong areas, run if you can, fight with all the ferocity and ruthlessness you can muster if you have NO CHOICE and do it immediately. In the tussle, if you think, you're dead.

TrainHardFightEasy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've come across some guys in my time who are as hard as nails and if they want a piece of you you'd want to be good. The most common trait they all seem to share is this:
THEY HIT DAMN HARD. I MEAN REAL REAL HARD.
They all mainly seem to have something in they're life which has really affected them and at just the thought of it, makes them feel like drawing blood on the first percieved challenger. It's like something just explodes in them and comes out through to the fist.
No one can stand let alone fight back after being belted bare knuckle like that
And another thing is they won't hesitate for a second. It's very easy to issue a challenge to these sort of people and someone always has to hit first. Chances are it'll be them and it will be hard.
And yes, some of them actually look real good and real tidy doing it. Clean and fast. Then theres a mess.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've come across some guys in my time who are as hard as nails and if they want a piece of you you'd want to be good. The most common trait they all seem to share is this:
THEY HIT DAMN HARD. I MEAN REAL REAL HARD.
They all mainly seem to have something in they're life which has really affected them and at just the thought of it, makes them feel like drawing blood on the first percieved challenger. It's like something just explodes in them and comes out through to the fist.
No one can stand let alone fight back after being belted bare knuckle like that
And another thing is they won't hesitate for a second. It's very easy to issue a challenge to these sort of people and someone always has to hit first. Chances are it'll be them and it will be hard.
And yes, some of them actually look real good and real tidy doing it. Clean and fast. Then theres a mess.

I hear that. Some guys hit like a train. Not just big guys either. I swears by them bare knuckles. Half my JKD is based on it.

Latest Discussions