Store Owner Shoots, Kills 3 Robbers

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40707386/ns/local_news-houston_tx/

HOUSTON — A jewelry store owner shot and killed three robbery suspects Thursday afternoon, police said.
Houston police were called to Castillo Jewelry, located at 4502 Canal Street east of downtown, shortly after 2 p.m.
The owner told investigators that the three robbers came in the store and were tying up his wife when he pulled a handgun and shotgun and opened fire on them.
They died at the scene.
One of the robbers returned fire and the owner was shot in the shoulder. He is undergoing surgery.
The three robbery suspects were only described as in their 20s. Their names were not released.
No customers were inside the store. The owner's wife was not injured. An investigation is under way.

+1 for the good guys. I hope the owner safely recovers.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed so. I echo your sentiments for the store-owners recovery, tho' those of us who have taken traumatic injury know that such recovery is never full :(.

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Indeed so. I echo your sentiments for the store-owners recovery, tho' those of us who have taken traumatic injury know that such recovery is never full :(.

Hear hear! 3 years after a near fatal motorbike crash and my legs still aren't anywhere near 100%... Just out of curiousity, what sort of outcome is likely for the store owner? Would he be charged with manslaughter?

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hear hear! 3 years after a near fatal motorbike crash and my legs still aren't anywhere near 100%... Just out of curiousity, what sort of outcome is likely for the store owner? Would he be charged with manslaughter?

Hopefully nothing will happen to him, given the fact that they were armed as well. Of course, seeing that this is Tx, I think the gun laws are a bit more relaxed there.

Perhaps someone familiar with them will comment.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score

In TEXAS?! :rofl:

The citizens of Texas would TAR AND FEATHER any prosecuting attorney who even suggested it jokingly! And i'm not really exaggerating, either. A prosecutor in Texas would fear for their lives if they even thought about doing such a thing......which would be irrelavent anyway, because Texas state law is so written as to make the shooting a no-brainer legally justified action.

In fact, i'm not certain on this, but he might get a check from the state to cover his ammunition.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's Texas. I can pretty much guarantee that the incident will be brought before the grand jury and the grand jury will no-bill it.

If it were up to me, I'd give the store owner an ecology award for cleaning garbage out of the environment.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's Texas. I can pretty much guarantee that the incident will be brought before the grand jury and the grand jury will no-bill it.

If it were up to me, I'd give the store owner an ecology award for cleaning garbage out of the environment.

In Missouri we have a Coroner's inquest.........and it wouldn't get past that.

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow... I guess living on the other side of the planet does have some major drawbacks with knowledge of local laws lol... Over here it'd be manslaughter in a heartbeat

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's right it's investigated in case it gives people ideas about bumping off unwanted spouses etc and saying it's self defence plus it keeps things nice and legal, the police can cross these guys off any wanted lists (and make an entry on Darwin's list perhaps)

In the UK despite what people think it would be self defence, it is allowed by law, it would be investigated of course but if everything is above board it wouldn't go to court.

Latest Discussions