Sticky Legs!!

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
chi sau king ever saw the movie "my left foot" that might change your mind about the possibility of using your legs as well as u can use your arms although the practicality of trying to do so and the time and devotion needed to do so is questionable

brocklee

Purple Belt
Reaction score
chi sau king ever saw the movie "my left foot" that might change your mind about the possibility of using your legs as well as u can use your arms although the practicality of trying to do so and the time and devotion needed to do so is questionable

His foot was never as good as someone else's arms.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many of you all out there ever done chi sau with your legs?
:headbangin:

In our WC training we incorporate a thing called sticky legs. We utilize our legs for sensitivity along with regular chi sau. And we utilize it in our anti-grappling techniques on the ground.

Yes. Most people freeze when i first do it. :) I never had a name for it.

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
he could hold a fork with his toes and use it to eat, also he could paint and write using his left foot!! pretty amazing even if its not as good as someone elses arms in my opinion.

JustAVisitor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have practiced 'sticky legs' with the same perspective than Si-Je and Mystic Wolf, however nothing like the youtube videos. Maybe that it is just another training level... I have practiced all kinds of 'sticky legs' exercices: to improve blocking legs, to improve my balance, to feel the opponent balance, to move around the opponent, to find where it is safer to be, to understand how range is important.
I find that making contact to a leg gives away as much information about your opponent as making contact with an arm...