Split - General Ninjutsu Discussion

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What really bums me out, is that Jack Hoban will be here on Saturday and I won't be able to attend the seminar. :( This will be the first time I have missed since I began training (well maybe the second). I will be getting on a cruise ship on Saturday.

kakuma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would like to nominate

Bud Malmstrom
Jack Hoban
Bill Atkins
?????????

Sorry could not think of anyone else. However, I think the 1st 3 are a great start.

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Senin said:
Who are the great American ninjutsu practioners?

Okay, who are the top 5 Americans?

Hmm...who're the best? How about...

Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Donatello
Rafael

and my all time favorite....

Batman

icon12.gif

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kizaru said:
Hmm...who're the best? How about...

Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Donatello
Rafael

and my all time favorite....

Batman

icon12.gif
I second those votes! :D Wait, but I thought the question WAS something about American 15th Dans.

OP
rutherford

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
I second those votes! :D Wait, but I thought the question WAS something about American 15th Dans.

You know, I've never seen Sean Askew mention his rank, and Dale has some funny statements about Soke just throwing ceritificates across the ocean at him.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Have I missed something or is it true that no Bujinkan member is allowed to participate in shootfighting tournaments without Hatsumi's personal consent?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rutherford said:
You know, I've never seen Sean Askew mention his rank, and Dale has some funny statements about Soke just throwing ceritificates across the ocean at him.
Me either, I have also trained with 2 or 3 teachers who I know are above godan but I have no clue what rank they really are, because they don't talk about it. I guess I could have asked, but I didn't think it was important, their movement spoke for itself. :)

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
The ones to keep your eyes on are the ones who never wear their Electric Persimmon uniform patch on their gi jacket.

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
I vouche for anyone who's taijutsu is better than mine! :D

On a serious note:

Joel Everett?

I don't know... I did ask a good question! ;)

:ninja:
FN

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was aiming at. Originally, I was going to say that I would have increased respect for Mr. Askew if he was told to represent the Bujinkan as opposed to having just participated in said tournaments. However, I went to watch a freestyle martial arts tournament focused on sanshou/kickboxing and stand-up fighting just last weekend in which a relatively new Bujinkan member represented his own dojo (wearing a long-sleeved grappling tshirt, no less). I highly doubt he went to Japan to ask for permission beforehand.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
However, I went to watch a freestyle martial arts tournament focused on sanshou/kickboxing and stand-up fighting just last weekend in which a relatively new Bujinkan member represented his own dojo (wearing a long-sleeved grappling tshirt, no less). I highly doubt he went to Japan to ask for permission beforehand.

Hmmm... Do you know if his dojo teach other styles as well?

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm fairly familiar with the heads of the dojo in question and am pretty positive they don't. I do however have a buddy who runs his own dojo in which I trained this summer, and whose wife (who has a shodan as far as I remember) is a several times lightweight gold champion in the same tournament.

Latest Discussions