"Speed" in Japanese and/or Okinawan karate

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A very interesting article about muscle fiber types and changing them. I read it a few weeks ago and meant to post it, but I forgot. This seems like a great time and place...
Inside the Cal State Fullerton Muscle Cell Laboratory Research

As I frequently do, I'm a month late and a dollar short responding to a post that I liked.

I was gong back through the thread, as I tend to do a lot because I forget things that were written, or because we drift from one one thing to another - as all forums do, or in this particular case to watch a video that I passed by the first go round usually because of time restraints and getting to work.

The written part of the article was very informative, but I was hoping the accompanying video went along with the written portion, when in fact it had nothing whatsoever to do with it. The written part of the article speaks for itself scientifically, and was really informative and a joy to read. The accompanying video, however, was about one thing - the proper exercise technique to make your arms look good. That's fine, most people like to look good, but that was what it was about - looking good. Putting that video with that article was shoddy work. and, yes, I've already written Men's Health about this.

On the plus side for me, I did learn about doing Preacher Curls from a kneeling position to correct some common cheats we all tend to do, especially when tired.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I frequently do, I'm a month late and a dollar short responding to a post that I liked.

I was gong back through the thread, as I tend to do a lot because I forget things that were written, or because we drift from one one thing to another - as all forums do, or in this particular case to watch a video that I passed by the first go round usually because of time restraints and getting to work.

The written part of the article was very informative, but I was hoping the accompanying video went along with the written portion, when in fact it had nothing whatsoever to do with it. The written part of the article speaks for itself scientifically, and was really informative and a joy to read. The accompanying video, however, was about one thing - the proper exercise technique to make your arms look good. That's fine, most people like to look good, but that was what it was about - looking good. Putting that video with that article was shoddy work. and, yes, I've already written Men's Health about this.

On the plus side for me, I did learn about doing Preacher Curls from a kneeling position to correct some common cheats we all tend to do, especially when tired.
I felt the same way. But then again, who doesn’t want nice arms? :)

Latest Discussions