sparring

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As it should be. :)

I've been told that by every coach I ever had and I still don't think one can overstate it. IMO it's pretty close to the all-around best kick in TKD. Good power, fast, hard to block, makes a great counter, millions of variations. You see lots in a match between two guys with a pretty fast game like my instructor or my main sparring partner and myself.

I think you are closer to the Kukkiwon than you may think. It is certainly would not be hard to cross you over. Just adjust the sparring a little, change your uniform to a v neck, and learn the taeguek poomsae. Couple years, max, if that.

And personally, I like barroom brawling. :)

Me too.:)

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been told that by every coach I ever had and I still don't think one can overstate it. IMO it's pretty close to the all-around best kick in TKD. Good power, fast, hard to block, makes a great counter, millions of variations. You see lots in a match between two guys with a pretty fast game like my instructor or my main sparring partner and myself.

People used to ask me how I could just sit there and watch film of two people throwing roundhouse kicks at each other. I prefer to watch a match from the beginning to the end, including all the pauses, because there is stuff going on, even if no one is throwing kicks.