Sparring in TKD -- effective teachers

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sang H. Kim's books and videos have inspired my own wtf sparring and teaching. I find his approach of using step sparring to illustrate tactics to be a very effective tool. It helps a student build a core foundation on which he can react in a match. It also inspires possibilities. Who inspires you and why? Tkd style, please.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sang H. Kim's books and videos have inspired my own wtf sparring and teaching. I find his approach of using step sparring to illustrate tactics to be a very effective tool. It helps a student build a core foundation on which he can react in a match. It also inspires possibilities. Who inspires you and why? Tkd style, please.

I don't know what "TKD" style is. I really like Joe Lewis stuff and after his seminars bought his videos. Also like Bill Wallace stuff but you need some real kicking ability to use a lot of his stuff.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know what "TKD" style is. I really like Joe Lewis stuff and after his seminars bought his videos. Also like Bill Wallace stuff but you need some real kicking ability to use a lot of his stuff.

One of my instructors trained with "Super Foot," he definitely learned how to use that front hook kick.. . Pretty hard to block/counter when done correctly.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I found Hee Il Cho's books to be invaluable. My earliest inspiration in taekwondo was Jhoon Rhee. Jhoon Rhee's school in Kensington, MD was my first real exposure to taekwondo and his television ads had brought me in.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I found Hee Il Cho's books to be invaluable. My earliest inspiration in taekwondo was Jhoon Rhee. Jhoon Rhee's school in Kensington, MD was my first real exposure to taekwondo and his television ads had brought me in.

I studied under Jhoon Goo Rhee in the mid-60s when his only school was at Connecticut and S Street in Washington, DC. I was astounded to see how much he grew later. In the mid-80s I began studying Hapkido. There were things I learned from Jhoon Goo Rhee that I feel aided me in my study of Hapkido.

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is really good one! ( I think these are the best ones right now )

Last edited by a moderator:

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions