Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Free To Be You and Me"

"Interplanet Janet" (Schollhouse rock)

"Electricity" (Again, Schoolhouse rock)

N

ninjaboyelroy

I've had the H R Puff n Stuff theme song running in my head for the last 30 some odd years.
When its not running The Banana Splits theme takes its place.
At least, I can't hear the voices that tell me to do bad things.

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

T

TonyM.

What fun!
Let's see; as a little kid it would be cajon nursery rymes such as Iko. Slightly older kid anything country played on the Louisianna Hayride or the grand old opry in the fifties such as Hank Williams or Elvis. As a teenager it was all the stuff Kempo Tiger listed.(I saw Hendrix in '68 at the Merriweather Post Pavillion.)

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
TonyM., I LOVE your gardener quote!

Songs from my sons' childhood - C is for Cookie, I Love to Count and other Sesame Street songs - oh yes. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, it's a beautiful day for a neighbor would... you be mine?"

From my childhood... hmmm. Stone age songs from the walls of caves (need MACaver for this one, I think!). Okay - here goes: Leavin on a Jet Plane, Puff the Magic Dragon, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (well - teen years, but, like TigerWoman, you have to cut me some slack for age!), Scarborough Fair, also all the Girl Scout songs TW mentioned. KT

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
ninjaboyelroy said:
I've had the H R Puff n Stuff theme song running in my head for the last 30 some odd years.
When its not running The Banana Splits theme takes its place.
At least, I can't hear the voices that tell me to do bad things.

Conjunction junction, what's your function?
OMG - you have the same soundtrack running through your brain as i do!!!!! I was beginning to think i was the only one that remembered HR Puff n Stuff (i thought i made it up) How about those two girls with the guitars that sang in the Magic Garden???? Any body remember that song all the way through? Every once in a while i start humming it and then it starts - "here in the garden of make believe the magical garden of make believe - where flowers chuckle and birds play tricks and the magic tree grows lollipop sticks!!!!!" - i could go on but then i'd run out of room for the theme song from ZOOM!!!! "send it to Zoom box 350 boston, mass 02134"..... oh somebody stop me!!!

Kenpo Mama on lots of caffeine! :ultracool

S

shaolinchi

During my childhood, riding in the car my parents would listen to the Beatles, Doors, Billy Joel, The Who, Pink Floyd. I was born in 83 so the 80's didn't have too great of music so 60's and 70's it was :).

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
I have no clue why I just thought of this.. but I did so therefore you all have to think of it too :)

What songs come to mind from your childhood?

I remember 'I've been working on the Railroad , Found a Peanut, This ole Man, Course Ring around the Rosy, London Bridges, Tisket a Tasket

Your turn
:)
Youth Gone Wild (Skid Row) Rock "n" Roll All Night (Kiss)
I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister) Up All Night (Slaughter)
Crazy Train (OZZY) %-}

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
How about those two girls with the guitars that sang in the Magic Garden????

yeah, i'll admit that the tv was my babysitter and back in the days before digital cable and remote controls, those two hippie chicks were my cue to get my sorry *** up and change the channel! some rainy afternoons, that was my exercise for the day. get them off my screen, help f-troop, get smart, something...

now talk about songs from childhood, what about the coolest instrumental theme music... peter gunn, hawaii five-o, and the munsters.

pete

Latest Discussions