• $realwoman-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 168
  • $kind of woman.jpg
    $kind of woman.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 32.7 KB · Views: 187
  • $beauty.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 168
The first one I was shaping up to like, then the usual anti-male jibe just had to surface (tho admittedly a touch more subtle than normal for such things).

The pink background one reminds me of some women I've known, sadly.

The grey background one ... well, I have a bin to put that one in.

The last one I really like; truth is always good to see.

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says, “Oh crap, she’s up”."

I know her, love her and she's sleeping right now....

The first one I was shaping up to like, then the usual anti-male jibe just had to surface (tho admittedly a touch more subtle than normal for such things)

Just out of curiosity: what are you calling the "anti-male jibe"? It must be really subtle, because I'm not seeing it.

Just out of curiosity: what are you calling the "anti-male jibe"? It must be really subtle, because I'm not seeing it.

Aye it IS really subtle ... so subtle in fact that it's not really there :D.

That was me misreading the tone of a couple of lines and turning a positive message of encouragement into a negatively connotated 'back-hand'.

Aye it IS really subtle ... so subtle in fact that it's not really there :D.

That was me misreading the tone of a couple of lines and turning a positive message of encouragement into a negatively connotated 'back-hand'.
I think there is a valid point lurking there though see if there were something similar to the above snippets phrased in praise of men then we would see it at best as "laddish" and at worst as chauvinistic, yet why should there not be? Can guys not be great too? I think it is a puddle of double-standards [though I doubt I am in the right part of town to discuss that here haha].

I really, really dislike that TAO quote. It is completely sexist. I hate sexism directed at men just as much as sexism directed at women.

Then again, I think I am among the minority of women who really like men, for themselves. Most women secretly (or not so secretly) dislike men, and want them to be more like women. They get angry at their husbands or boyfriends for not being chicks with d*cks. Or they feel oppressed by men, and use sexist crap like that to pull themselves up.

Grrrr. :mad:

I really, really dislike that TAO quote. It is completely sexist. I hate sexism directed at men just as much as sexism directed at women.

Then again, I think I am among the minority of women who really like men, for themselves. Most women secretly (or not so secretly) dislike men, and want them to be more like women. They get angry at their husbands or boyfriends for not being chicks with d*cks. Or they feel oppressed by men, and use sexist crap like that to pull themselves up.

I'm with you. The TAO quote IS sexist. I don't like that sort of thing, and I don't like the emphasis on that attitude I've been seeing a lot lately--like all those boy-hating t-shirts for little girls ("Girls Rule--Boys Drool" and the like).

I also really like men, and I've noticed that there are some women who just....don't. This attitude puzzles me, despite the fact that I'm intimately familiar with it via my mother, who hates men. I don't think that "most" women feel that way, though. Most of my female friends seem to have a positive attitude toward men.

The women who use the "sexist crap to pull themselves up," as you say, seem to have forgotten that two wrongs don't make a right.

My deep thanks for the above words, ladies. It is good to hear, on this side of the sexual divide, that not all women have those derisory attitudes towards my gender that seem to be so prevalent of late :bows:.

Stac3y's last sentence, following up on Jenny's sentiments, sums it up for me perfectly :tup:.

Rest assured that there are still those amongst the ranks of 'men' who genuinely like women too and who appreciate that 'different' does not mean 'lesser' (nor 'greater' either). For me, drawing on the experience of my own upbringing and observing and learning from my parents, both men and women have their weaknesses and strengths and the right couple ameliorate the former and augment the latter.

Well, I've always really liked men. I like hanging around with them, I like their banter, and like the way they interact with one another. I feel very comfortable being the only female in a group of men. This may be one of the subconcious reasons I chose such a phallocentric MA as kenpo.

I`ve heard that certain styles were more power-oriented, and hence less suited for women or men of small stature. But I have to admit I`ve never heard a style reffered to as phallocentric before. Is it just the atmosphere in class, or something about the style itself?

I meant that there are fewer women represented in kenpo than in some other martial arts, such as TKD. There are only 3 adult women in my dojo. I have no idea why this is the case. It may be that what attracted me to kenpo (deadly techniques executed with extreme prejudice in close quarters combat) is what repels other women. The atmosphere in class is very friendly and respectful...everyone is so happy to be there that it is like a big hippy love-in, but with hitting.

You don't hang out in the LLR much do you? (JUST KIDDING!!!)

Well some women legitimately have a good reason to HATE men or at least dislike them. Some of those reasons may stem from childhood rearing/experiences to high-school dating to college-aged romances that usually ended up flat and stale after the first few months... finding out that they were just a notch on a bed-post(s).
Granted men have been jerks for a long time. But women are or can be equally as bad.
It's a 50/50 split most of the time though it may not seem that way unless you've gone around the block half a dozen times.

I've learned a little while ago that being a "nice-guy" does, eventually... pay off... as evidence of this pretty young lady whom I just can't seem to shake ... and don't WANT to either! :uhyeah:

Attachments

• $Copy of 009.JPG
    $Copy of 009.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 102
I`ve heard that certain styles were more power-oriented, and hence less suited for women or men of small stature. But I have to admit I`ve never heard a style reffered to as phallocentric before. Is it just the atmosphere in class, or something about the style itself?

The pelvic thrusting, probably.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I've learned a little while ago that being a "nice-guy" does, eventually... pay off... as evidence of this pretty young lady whom I just can't seem to shake ... and don't WANT to either! :uhyeah:

Now that's something worthy of major props :asian: Congrats Ralph, I hope the two of you have something good for a very long time :)

You don't hang out in the LLR much do you? (JUST KIDDING!!!)
Well some women legitimately have a good reason to HATE men or at least dislike them. Some of those reasons may stem from childhood rearing/experiences to high-school dating to college-aged romances that usually ended up flat and stale after the first few months... finding out that they were just a notch on a bed-post(s).

No, I don't hang out in the LLR. :) Although in my first week I had a good b*tch session about how difficult it is to train hard when one is experiencing PMS!

I don't think that hatred of any group is really warranted, speaking from a rational perspective. Hatred of men based on negative sexual experiences is not any more justified than hatred of other races or ethnic groups is. But most people don't live in the rational.

Latest Discussions

Back