SOME Pig!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Boy purportedly tops 'Hogzilla' kill
Updated 16h 56m ago
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-05-25-bigpig_N.htm
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a website put up by his father that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."
Now having a domestic pig running wild, turning all feral and growing it's natural hairs back seems a plausable way to go... after all hogs are known to be ferocious animals in the wild (wild boars, collared peccary, or javelina, wart-hogs, etc.). But there are arguments about the validity of the photos taken of the beast(s). One can do wonderous things with photoshoppe if trained/practiced well enough. Still.. it's a big pig.

Snopes had this to say about it.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=179287

Also the fact that a 11 yr. old boy handling a .50 cal pistol and firing 10 rounds into the animal... (he had to reload, no?) and standing there with a wounded beast of that size to reload... arguments range from a .50 cal is too powerful for an 11 yr. old to handle, much less fire it 10 times in succession, to "... who gives a .50 cal to a kid anyway?"

Check out the pics. See/judge for yourself.

... and no I don't think that's Larry The Cable Guy in the last pic with him.

Attachments

• $BIG PIG 01.jpg
    $BIG PIG 01.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 121
  • $BIG PIG 02.jpg
    $BIG PIG 02.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 137
  • $BIG PIG 03.jpg
    $BIG PIG 03.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 124
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yet another giant hog... though this one looks like it needs a wash... a Hogwash that is... hee hee :D

Another Hogzilla reportedly caught near Atlanta
Updated 1/6/2007 1:43 PM ET
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-01-06-hogzilla_x.htm
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A giant wild hog claimed to be bigger than the near-mythical "Hogzilla" caught in southern Georgia a few years ago has been killed in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

The hog hung snout down from a tree Friday in William Coursey's front yard, not far from where the avid hunter said he shot the beast. He said he hauled it to a truck weight station, which recorded the hairy hog at 1,100 pounds.

The Department of Natural Resources did not know whether the hog was a record for the state. "We don't keep records on hogs," said Melissa Cummings of the DNR's public affairs department.

But Coursey believes his behemoth surpasses the famed super swine shot and killed in 2004 that weighed in at half a ton on the farm's scales. A team of National Geographic experts later confirmed "Hogzilla" didn't quite live up to the 1,000-pound, 12-foot hype, saying the beast was probably 7 1/2 to 8 feet long, and weighed about 800 pounds.

The news of Coursey's kill got people are talking about the enormous beasts that roam the state.

"Nobody keeps official records," said Daryl Kirby, an editor with Georgia Outdoor News. "But it's one heck of a hog."

This photo from June 17, 2004, shows Chris Griffin, 31, beside the wild hog he shot near Alapaha, Ga. National Geographic experts concluded the beast was about 800 pounds

Attachments

• $BIG PIG 04.jpg
    $BIG PIG 04.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 129

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jesus Christ that thing is a ****ing dinosaur-rhinocerous monster! .50 was not too much gun. And I'm not surprised it took nine shots to take it down.

Shooting it was absolutely the right thing to do. It was a menace to crops livestock and big strong human beings. They're only lucky it didn't decide to eat them.

Boys will fear the kid, and girls will admire him. He'll drink for years on this one. But what can he do for an encore?

The kid's dad put up a website about the pig.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many guests did they have to their hog roast I wonder?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How many guests did they have to their hog roast I wonder?

Ohh prolly half of Brooklyn... :lol:

Oh here is a photo (too small sadly) of the (type of) gun used...

Attachments

• $BIG PIG GUN.jpg
    $BIG PIG GUN.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 110

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I saw pics of that pig and...coming from a person who has hunted wild pig...I have never seen anything remotely that big. I saw a two hundred pound hog that I thought was huge...but this?

From far away, it looks like a rinocerous!

Tellner is right, that kid is going to be drinking for years on that honor...when he's old enough to imbibe that is...;)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Big pig and a pile of manure to match... interesting site that proves the photos are fake, manipulated even. Pretty sad to get publicity... http://66.226.75.96/pig/
The most glaring example is the tree... trees apparently don't lie... makes for interesting reading.

Attachments

• $IMG_2189-same-3-gif.gif
    124.1 KB · Views: 118

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
it must be a big hog. However, i'm not too sure, but the pictures look a little disproportionate... check the boys head size compared to the snout of the hog...in one picture the hog looks even bigger than in the other but i'm guessing it's the same hog.
what do you think? am i incorrect or do you see what i mean??

j

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope everyone had heard by now ... and I will repeat only at the risk of being tiresome (something many here already know I am).

This was a family pet. Wild hogs never grow to this size. This pet was raised on a farm, and then sold for 'breeding purposes'. The owners of the animal did not know the hog was going to be used for sport.

I think a bigger concern is the (reportedly) inappropriate way the animal was hunted. Using a handgun on an animal this big is a disgrace. As I understand it, the "hunt" went on for three hours. I'm not certain that's hunting. If you can't kill it quick, don't shoot.

http://www.hunter-ed.com/sc/course/ch7_hunter_ethics.htm

Then there are ethical issues that are just between the hunter and nature. For example, an animal appears beyond a hunter's effective range for a clean kill. Should the hunter take the shot anyway and hope to get lucky? Ethical hunters would say no.

The report from the family that raised the hog.

http://www.annistonstar.com/showcase/2007/as-open-0601-bstrickland-7f01i1244.htm

Latest Discussions