Paul Newman retires from acting

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I know he's 82 years old and by most working standards should have retired 17 years ago, but I'd like to still see him on the screen. I've always liked his style, whether it be acting or racing or cooking, or whatever.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Paul Newman has been and still is one of the Greats of Hollywood. His films; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler (one of my favs), Hud, Cool Hand Luke (another one of my favs), Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, The Sting (another fav), and about 75 more just shows what a great and wide ranging actor he is.

Guess nobody has handed him a decent script in a while... doing voices for animations (IMO) doesn't count.

I think he should do one more with Robert Redford though. :D

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paul Newman has been and still is one of the Greats of Hollywood. His films; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler (one of my favs), Hud, Cool Hand Luke (another one of my favs), Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, The Sting (another fav), and about 75 more just shows what a great and wide ranging actor he is.

Guess nobody has handed him a decent script in a while... doing voices for animations (IMO) doesn't count.

I think he should do one more with Robert Redford though. :D
I was hearing rumors of him and Redford reuniting, but now he's talking retirment.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Newman and Redford always said they were open to working together again but were waiting for the right script that they both liked.
I am sad to see Newman quit too. He's great.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Thought I'd share this with everyone, I love this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

Thought I'd share this with everyone, I love this movie.

Great video. I think that's one of Newman's best, and it still holds up well. As for his retirement, he's given the world so much as an actor and humanitarian, I hope enjoys some time with his grandchildren.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, I know he's 82 years old and by most working standards should have retired 17 years ago, but I'd like to still see him on the screen. I've always liked his style, whether it be acting or racing or cooking, or whatever.

I'va always been a fan. Should have won an academy award for Cool Hand Luke. Just another one of the greats we won't see anymore.

Latest Discussions