Some good TKD drills and techniques

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is the link

Please enjoy the technical aspect of this and make comments accordling.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recall seeing this video awhile back. As always, I am in awe of the Korean Tigers deom team...insane athleticism. Even if I was in my physical prime I couldn't kick with that kind of grace and alacrity.

It always leaves me on the fence seeing videos liek that. The sports side of me gets totally excited. The SD portion just wishes that kind of skill would be focused motre towards tha martial pragmatics of the art. In the end, I want the sport and SD side of Kukki TKD to be more equal than they are now. Clearly ther are soem great fighters and athletes in the fold who can do great things.

Peace,
Erik

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree Erik and I am the same way like WOW look what they can do.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It beats just kicking into the air. The fact that their breaking boards while showing focus and accuracy at work, makes for a nice video.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It beats just kicking into the air. The fact that their breaking boards while showing focus and accuracy at work, makes for a nice video.

I agree - while there are plenty of people who don't like breaking demos like that, to be able to break at the same time as performing such movements requires focus and accuracy, as well as athleticism. I also liked some of the actual drills that were shown - especially the one where the kickers were moving from target to target.

MasterWright

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that you can knock someone down with an axe kick! I had always thought that it was to be used for a quick 2 points on the helmet.

Sure have changed my perspective with that one, Terry !

foot2face

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that you can knock someone down with an axe kick! I had always thought that it was to be used for a quick 2 points on the helmet.

Sure have changed my perspective with that one, Terry !

There was actually a knockout at this past Olympics with an axe kick. Link

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes that was one great axe kick and the fact he was coming right at him and not trying to bend the knee but keeped it straight though the whole kick was fantastic.

Latest Discussions