Some Gems from my Youth

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the sort of thing I grew up watching :D. No wonder I turned out so weird :lol:

[yt]7rzAD5V45QU[/yt]

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Much to the consternation of my wife, I have been hoarding a collection of plastic and balsa models. Last weekend, I showed my grandson some simple powered plastic boat models I bought in Korea some 20 years ago. He is interested, even though it isn't Lego. I am happy. I hope by using simple ones first, I can get him to enjoy building and using/displaying models.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Much to the consternation of my wife, I have been hoarding a collection of plastic and balsa models. Last weekend, I showed my grandson some simple powered plastic boat models I bought in Korea some 20 years ago. He is interested, even though it isn't Lego. I am happy. I hope by using simple ones first, I can get him to enjoy building and using/displaying models.

Hey, don't knock LEGOs :) They can be used for model building, if you have enough parts!

Thanks Mark! I used to be fascinated by those type of shows!

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too, Gran :D. I spent hundreds of pounds on Airfix kits and model railway kit when I was in my teens.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went to Legoland last year. The stuff they have built from Legos is awesome.

Latest Discussions