some disturbing Terror news

Ms. Jacobsen has been making the rounds in the media. Yesterday, she was on the 'Radio Factor'. There was a guest host sitting in for Bill O'Reilly. As I listened to her recount the story I noticed a couple of ommissions as compared to the written page.

When speaking on the radio, she did not claim a Flight Attendant informed her husband that Federal Air Marshalls were on the plane. Ms. Jacobsen did hint that the 'pilots' and 'higher-ups' were aware of the situation, but did not clarify that statement. I would love to have the name of the flight attendant that told her husband there were Federal Air Marshalls on the plane. I am wondering if that is legal, and guessing that it is not. For my safety in the airlines, perhaps there should be a prosocution concerning this accusation.

Further, she did not name any names of anyone else invovled; contacts with the airline, Los Angeles Police or Federal Agencies involved at the Los Angeles airport.

Of course, the producer of the radio show did not allow any callers to directly converse with Ms. Jacobsen; she told her story to the guest host, and left the program, then the show opened to callers.

It seems to me that Ms. Jacobsen has offered evidence to back-up her story about as clearly as Secretary of State Colin Powell offerred to the United Nations in January 2003; as one report put it . . .
The 90-minute talk was laced with references to "numerous intelligence reports," "human sources," "an eyewitness," "according to detainees," "an al-Qaida source tells us," "a senior defector," and so on. By my count, there were more than 40 such veiled attributions and virtually no named sources.
. . . and with hindsight, we all know how that speech worked out.

Smoke and Mirrors ... Bread and Circuses.
Thanks. Mike

How did the callers react - are people buying this? Mike, what do you suppose would be the motivation to produce this story? Is she getting paid? Or is it just about promoting hate?

flatlander said:
How did the callers react - are people buying this? Mike, what do you suppose would be the motivation to produce this story? Is she getting paid? Or is it just about promoting hate?
Don't know the callers' reactions ... I was lucky enough to arrive at my destination, and turn off the radio <Whew!>... Of course, as with most 'talk-radio', the producers screen the callers and only get 'ditto-heads'.

I believe that Ms. Jacobsen perhaps saw this group of Syrians and was truly scared. However, I also believe her fear was irrational. As she is a 'writer', she has spun her experience and fear into a tale for the telling. I also think it is a work that contains many elements of 'fiction'.

Of course, she is being paid. And she is receiving quite a bit of celebrity. Who wouldn't want to be where she is?

I am sure she is not trying to promote 'hate' ... I do believe she is trying to keep the Bush Administration in power.

Again ... I travel quite frequently, and this story just doesn't pass the 'Boloney Detector', in my humble (or not so humble) opinion.

Mike

Latest Discussions

Back