Some Blatant Patriotism.

As the link that began this thread seems to have broken, heres a replacement.

http://www.atpm.us/flash/america/index.html

For those who can appreciate a message regardless of the messenger....kind of like people who appreciate Thoreau's writing regardless of his personal foibles.

Sorry. I grew up, in large part on Navy and Army bases, at a time when patriotism did not come from," The USA Store."

See..perfect example. Hardly ever a comment on the message, unless its from the approved reading list.

Tgace said:
Gee. As this animation pretty much only mentioned the natural beauty of our country, I dont know where all the politics are coming from. Perhaps some people just cant let any positive statement about the USA go unchallenged.

In the first post, all of those things that John Wayne talked about are good things to love this country for. We occupy a diverse land of great natural beauty and I find new and wonderful things around every corner.

This country is my home and my name is written on the land. I love it with all of my heart.

:asian:
Agreed...as the topic shifted to Wayne and his lack of military service, I thought Id throw in the military memorial. As I do have some military experience I hope my qualifications are sufficient.

Try this little history. We should be proud of them, too--not instead, just, "too."

http://www.providence.edu/polisci/students/labor/labor_timeline

Or, there's this:

I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.
Muhammad Ali

Or, this:
Patriot:
The person who can holler the loudest
without knowing what he is hollering about.

Mark Twain

Be glad I didn't use the quotes from Dan Aykroyd or Groucho Marx.

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."

-Charles de Gaulle

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America"
-Bill Clinton

Back