So What Does It All Mean ? (video must see)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This information is incredible and a must know for the future. Watch the video and then for discussion sake... answer the question... "So What DOES It All Mean?"

2008 Latest Edition - Did You Know 3.0 - From Meeting in Rome this Year

[yt]jpEnFwiqdx8[/yt]

Compare to (last year's ?) video 2.0

[yt]pMcfrLYDm2U[/yt]

I'm still at a loss only that we are expanding as a species on this planet and I'd dare say it's a product of evolution of the human mind if not body. There is still untapped potential up there in our heads.
While we may laugh at the postings of Darwin Awards and bemoan the wars that kill hundreds of thousands every year we are still growing and perhaps pruning the tree in a manner of speaking.
What I think is a shame is that China and India are outdoing the U.S. (and Britian) in the areas of education and quality of students. We got smart kids here yes, but by the video we've no where near the numbers.
Is this going to be a shift in world power? Who knows?

What does the information in the video mean to you?

Last edited:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm... overwhelmed or under impressed?

I have a power point with much the same information. So not overwhelmed. I have had a couple of years to absorb it.

Look at the time period of 1860 to 1960. 100 years. From The American Civil War (* Or war of Northern Aggression or Southern Seperation *) to Jet Fighters and plans to go to the Moon. The expansion can also be measured further back to the renaisance period and the growth and exchange of technology and information.

It also means that things change. England the standard for many years is no longer.

It means that the USA market is the target market. Why is this? Well because if India and China are both learning English this means they need our technology and information and they want to continue to sell us services or products. If either of them with larger populations had the market then they would assume that people needed to learn their language to talk and sell to them.

So to me, it means the Horse is the basis of all our technology and the most influential impact to our culture.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find the interpretation of employments stats suspect. I'm not convinced that the short periods of employment, or the number of times workers must change careers or jobs, is purely technological phenomenon. Could it be perhaps an erosion of labour standards as well?

I'm also leery of discussions of knowledge becoming obsolete. Knowledge expands. I learned lots of things in high school, university, and other education and training that served me here or there, or not at all. That education, however, also made me smarter and more adaptive to change.

I would go so far as to argue that people like me who experienced high school and post-secondary education before the WWW might have a little bit of an edge. My intellectual curiosity about communications theory and rhetoric have been instrumental in making my way though the digital world.

Latest Discussions