So Mr. Romney....

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, BTW, I have decided to go to Rio in 4 years.

I have not yet picked the sport, I figured I only have a chance in a shooting event, archery and power prancing....

And I am open to offers from countries with a lack of depth in their teams. I am open to Puerto Rico, since it's kinda close...but pretty much anything will do. ;)

I fancy the handball, it looks violent lol! wouldn't it be great to go to Rio! We'd meet up and cause havoc lol!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I fancy the handball, it looks violent lol! wouldn't it be great to go to Rio! We'd meet up and cause havoc lol!

the handball is like indoor rugby! ;)

but by then I will be 48...too old for the fun at that level. ;)
I have to pick something where age and experience can shine! ^_^

(you don't think Wales will sport a team, do you?)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

(you don't think Wales will sport a team, do you?)[/QUOTE]

Not in the Rio Olympics but maybe the one after that! They do have a team in the Commonwealth Games though in 2014, it's in Glasgow and it would be a blast if you made it then!
http://www.glasgow2014.com/

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really was a great Olympics!!! I really enjoyed the competition that every nation brought and there were lots of highlights!

The opening ceremony was my least favorite part but it got the ball rolling. The competition put forth by Great Britain, The United States, China, Russia, Japan and many more was impressive. My favorite parts in the competition was definitely the swimming, track and field and believe it or not beach volleyball! The closing ceremony was absolutely fantastic! One of the best in a long, long, long time!!! Great job to everyone involved in the London Olympics as they really did put on a great event!!! :)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The organisers described the Opening Ceremony as the 'wedding', the formal bit and the Closing Ceremony as the Reception, the bit where peole can let their hair down and PARTY!

I loved that the medals were spread across a lot of countries some may have just the one bronze medal but it represents so much to so many people, absolutely the spirit of the Olympics, those who have earned money by taking bribes, presents or whatever can't diminish the effort and national pride that many felt seeing their country represented in the Olympics. My shift partner was so pleased to see the Nepalese flag paraded, they didn't win anything and only had a couple of athletes but he was proud all the same.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was also great with female participation from every country! That was really good! There were also several countries that got their first ever medals! Really cool!!!

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Whn I was young and foolish, I was a handball goalkeeper. About as useless as a football goalkeeper, but with more bruising:)

Speaking of rugby, it's back in 2016. Yeah!!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

(you don't think Wales will sport a team, do you?)[/QUOTE]

Not in the Rio Olympics but maybe the one after that! They do have a team in the Commonwealth Games though in 2014, it's in Glasgow and it would be a blast if you made it then!
http://www.glasgow2014.com/

Off bow shopping....bbl

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Royal Marines met with GB Athletes this morning at Stratford for Breakfast. Over 100 Armed Forces personnel attended the Breakfast at GB House in the Westfield Shopping Complex at Stratford. The athletes autographed items of equipment owned by the service men and women and posed for countless photographs. Some of the Athletes in attendance included GB Rowers, Fencers and Even some older athletes like Sir Steve Redgrave and Duncan Goodhew."
582769_10150967606475566_1689077137_n.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sigh, no, we aren't jealous at all, we will never win as many medals as you because you are a hugely bigger country with far more people, and only you seem to think this thread is going somewhere it's not intended to. We loved watching the Jamaicans, we loved that the American ran with Mo, we loved the American girl's world record, we shouted on Phelps, we shouted on everyone, we had a ball and hope everyone else did too. I posted the video with Team GB because it's fun not to be nationalistic.

sigh.... I wasn't serious...I forgot to add the :D that is all

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All except track...the 100, the 200 and the 4x100 relay.... we couldn't beat that guy either..and we tried :D

That was so special though, it transends nationality, those guys are something else, they belong to the world! I can imagine though that the Jamaicans are bursting with pride, as they should be!

The athletes leaving http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19239328

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whn I was young and foolish, I was a handball goalkeeper. About as useless as a football goalkeeper, but with more bruising:)

Speaking of rugby, it's back in 2016. Yeah!!!!

All Black will take it home! ;)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Black will take it home! ;)

I think Wales will give them a run for their money, they have a young team but it's been impressive recently.

Do you think the All Blacks will do their Haka with their shirts off again....swoon :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think Wales will give them a run for their money, they have a young team but it's been impressive recently.

Do you think the All Blacks will do their Haka with their shirts off again....swoon :)

down, Girl! ;)

(faints)

Latest Discussions