Britain, is this accurate?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an article on Britain and what may be its current state, is it accurate? I am asking to see what our fellow posters from the U.K. have to say about it...

http://pjmedia.com/blog/england-it-was-fun-while-it-lasted/

Britain’s nature as a land with two sets of rules will become starkly evident in the London Olympics, whose tickets are mostly being snapped up by VIPs and the international governing class who will whiz to the games in special lanes of traffic set aside especially for them. Thousands of extra police will be on duty at the Games site — meaning the rest of the country will be short-handed. Opportunist gangs of thugs are already licking their lips at another round of what they call “free shopping” like last year’s massive looting. Some 15,000 people took part in that crime party, which an official government inquiry looked into. The Riots Communities and Victims Panel concluded that society was to blame for the widespread theft of luxury goods and wagged its finger at the “excessive marketing” that made the helpless young people desire the sneakers and cell phones in the first place.
The most determined chronicler of Britain’s decline, Mail on Sunday columnist Peter Hitchens (the older brother of the late Anglo-American writer Christopher), notes that the “criminals are victims” mentality is now a defining feature of the “injustice system.”

I am also interested on their take on the arrest of the twitter guy and the attack on the woman pointed out in the article...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah the 'Mail on Sunday' and it's hatred for the British people, always a joy to read what they come up with.

The Policing bit? No not true, leave is being cancelled and non Home Office forces will be called in. Security will be tight, yes, but the rest of the country won't suffer, remember that Olympic venues are situated all around the country, it might be called the London Olympics but it's not all being held in London.

International governing class? the Illuminati by any chance? or is it a pop at the Jews again? gangs licking their lips? If they are they will be in for a big surprise.

What the Panel who looked into the English riots concluded can be read here.
http://riotspanel.independent.gov.u...nel-Executive-Summary-and-Recommendations.pdf

"Introduction​
Residents in communities where riots took place last summer want rioters – many of whom had long criminal records – appropriately punished. However, they also believe that action is needed to ensure that in future, these individuals and those displaying worrying signs of similar behaviour can play a positive role in their areas. When people feel they have no reason to stay out of trouble the consequences can be devastating. We must give everyone a stake in society. We have focused our efforts on doing just that.The key to avoiding future riots is to have communities that work:–– where everyone feels they have a stake in society;–– where individuals respect each other and the place they live in;–– where public services work together and with the voluntary sector to spot those who are struggling at an early stage and helpthem;–– where opportunities are available to all,especially young people;–– where parents and schools ensure children develop the values, skills and character to make the right choices at crucial moments;–– where the police and the public work together to support the maintenance of law and order; and–– where the criminal justice system punishes those who commit crimes but also commits itself to making sure – for all our sakes – that they don’t do it again.The answers lie in different places: some area bout personal or family responsibility and others are about what the state or the private or voluntary sectors should do better or differently.In our interim report, we set out six key areas that we believe will combine to build social and economic resilience in communities and which we focus on in this final report –​
childrenand parents, building personal resilience,hopes and dreams, riots and the brands, theusual suspects and the police and the public.
Children and parents​
We heard from many communities who feel thatrioter behaviour could ultimately be ascribed to poor parenting. We need to consider what canbe done to ensure that all children get the rightsupport, control and guidance from parents orguardians to give them the best possible chanceof making the most of their lives.Government has recently established a Troubled Families Programme (TFP) – an intensive scheme to address the needs of the120,000 most challenged families.​
1 We supportthe work of TFP but the overlap with rioters islimited. In a poll of 80 local authoritiesconducted by the Panel, only five per cent feltthere was a great deal of overlap between the
troubled families and rioter families."

No doubts that there are problems, there will be in any country but Hitchens is known for being spiteful and the Mail suits him fine to spout his stuff.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Busy working at present, so I'm not in the best of calm moods - yes, I know it's a Sunday ... welcome to the economy with which the bankers left workers who do something 'real' for a living. So there has to be a pinch of salt added to what I type here as 'angry' posting always comes across as more virulent than the actual emotional content truly is.

But, in short, that caveat aside, yes, that is how things all too commonly are now. Or at least that is the perception of those of us who had the misfortune to be born here and who can make no claim to some ethnic 'shield' to protect us from our words and actions. Of course, there is a flip side when it comes to our black citizens, for they seem to be undergoing some sort of Gangland re-invention of themselves and are getting more attention from the law because of it.

It is eventually going to lead to a right-wing backlash at some point; I think the only reason it hasn't happened already is that, prior the government sponsored immigrant-tide, our culture had evolved to a state where we really don't like extreme reactions or making a public fuss. Even now, whilst there is the odd example of the BNP or UKIP getting candidates elected locally, when it comes to national elections we still don't want to vote for those who sound a little too much like Hitler's Heirs. But make no mistake, an awful lot of very ordinary people are sick to the back teeth of being ignored and sidelined (as they see it).

There are too many people in the country now (40% increase in under thirty years) and a too visible (*) minority of them value where they are from much more than where they are, even if they came here to escape the dangers or deprivations of their homelands (and no one else would have them). Oddly this is especially true of third generation offspring of earlier, smaller, waves of immigration from the Commonwealth. Where their parents endured racism and rejection to eventually start to become a part of their new country, the children (or children's children) have no such desire to be British.

*When I say "too visible" by the way, I mean that altho it is only a small number of people causing such an impression they are making it appear to be a worse problem than perhaps it really is.

Nonetheless, in a rare example of extremism on my part, if that is the way they feel then I don't mind some of my taxes being spent to return them to the home and culture they revere so much. I am aware of how that makes me sound but, at this present time, that is how I feel; for the divisiveness such perceived double-standards engender is a dangerous thing and something has to be seen to be done to relieve the pressure before the pot boils over.

EDIT: :chuckles: How did I know that Tez would be arguing the other side of the coin on this :lol:. Suffice it to say, we disagree with each other (and we're both Liberal voters to boot, how about that for muddying the waters? :D).

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the view points on this article Tez and Sukerkin. It is interesting to see how real people, as opposed to journalists, see things...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However Hitchen is stirring, he isn't accurate at all about the riots and what the report says. He's also incorrect about the policing efforts for the Olympics, as the plans aren't public yet what he says is conjecture.

Mark I can understand you feeling strongly about this but Hitchens lies help no one, something may be broken but jumping all over it with big boots as he does..while sneering I might add, doesn't help mend anything. he looks down on all of us, to him we are the great unwashed, ignorant athiests. He has the old Colonial attitude that he knows what's best for us peasants. he has an interesting political background, going from far left to far right, no middle ground for him I'm afraid.

Much of the so called racist 'Asian' riots recenty in Yorkshire were infact drug gangs fighting, doesn't sound as good for political arguments.

I was told recently on here that fear of communism in being used in America to hide other things the government are up to, here it's the immigration 'problem' that is being used so our government can do things while we are focussing on immigrants etc.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe his feelings are coloured by the last lot of riots.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/08/british-riots-caused-by-bad-economic-policy/

Cook up a storm, look for an excuse, sell more papers.

The panel which Hitchens quoted found that the majority of the rioters caught had criminal records, this was backed up when they were sent for trial. the rioters were for the most part career crim8inals. Another reason the Mail is looking for a 'storm' is that we have an enquiry going on into the press hacking into emails and phones of both the public and public figures. The Leveson enquiry has summoned the Daily Mail editor and the Sunday Mail one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16995541

this is a very big enquiry into the newspaper business involvigovernment ministers as well as some nasty press moguls.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
International governing class? the Illuminati by any chance? or is it a pop at the Jews again?

This is a pet peeve of mine. People pretend like there isn't an international ruling class and if you bring it up, they call you an anti-semite. Well, there really is a class of people who run the show worldwide. Here is a resource that details who they are. The people on the list are people are the people anyone would expect...if you knew the names.

http://www.amazon.com/Superclass-Global-Power-Elite-Making/dp/0374272107

Each of them is one in a million. They number six thousand on a planet of six billion. They run our governments, our largest corporations, the powerhouses of international finance, the media, world religions, and, from the shadows, the world’s most dangerous criminal and terrorist organizations. They are the global superclass, and they are shaping the history of our time.

Today’s superclass has achieved unprecedented levels of wealth and power. They have globalized more rapidly than any other group. But do they have more in common with one another than with their own countrymen, as nationalist critics have argued? They control globalization more than anyone else. But has their influence fed the growing economic and social inequity that divides the world? What happens behind closeddoor meetings in Davos or aboard corporate jets at 41,000 feet? Conspiracy or collaboration? Deal-making or idle self-indulgence? What does the rise of Asia and Latin America mean for the conventional wisdom that shapes our destinies? Who sets the rules for a group that operates beyond national laws?

Drawn from scores of exclusive interviews and extensive original reporting, Superclass answers all of these questions and more. It draws back the curtain on a privileged society that most of us know little about, even though it profoundly affects our everyday lives. It is the first in-depth examination of the connections between the global communities of leaders who are at the helm of every major enterprise on the planet and control its greatest wealth. And it is an unprecedented examination of the trends within the superclass, which are likely to alter our politics, our institutions, and the shape of the world in which we live.

The City of London is the centre of the world's financial markets. Therefore, a greater number of this international ruling class lives there.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough just because something annoys you and happens to be a cliche it doesn't make the accusations any the less hurtful. Do you know how many times I've been asked how we run the world, how many times we've been accused of running the world, how many conspiracy theorists accuse us of running the world? Well I'm sorry if it annoys you but it annoys the hell out of me being accused of this rubbish, probably far more than it annoys you hearing about it. Plus I doubt you hearing about it comes with a thump, a push, a beating up etc etc. Perhaps the reason we bring up anti Semtisim is because there's so damn much of it! Oh and you missed the Illuminati comments for crying out loud.

The City of London aka as the Square Mile (it's not London the capital of the UK, the City is a difference place within London) isn't really a place where people live especially very rich people, it's the business centre of London not a place where people actually live.

The very rich and powerful have always run things so what's new? They didn't suddenly spring up and take over the world, the rich, like the poor, have always been with us.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't deny that it has been used as an excuse for anti-semitism. It's the fact that anti-semitism has been used as an excuse to deny that this class exists. Example, "did you know that an international ruling class exists?"

"You're just being anti-semitic..."

The history of anti-semitism is now being used as an excuse to shape people's thoughts away from the results of reason and evidence. An international oligarchy exists...and it includes people from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't deny that it has been used as an excuse for anti-semitism. It's the fact that anti-semitism has been used as an excuse to deny that this class exists. Example, "did you know that an international ruling class exists?"

"You're just being anti-semitic..."

The history of anti-semitism is now being used as an excuse to shape people's thoughts away from the results of reason and evidence. An international oligarchy exists...and it includes people from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds.

Different argument all together you have seen a couple of words and are jumping on a band wagon. Do I know an international ruling class exists, well I know my history and I know that the rich and powerful have always ruled the world, it has ever been so, everyone knows that! You are stating something as if it's news, well it's not at all, the rich ruling class of all ethnic backgrounds is as old as mankind. Can't think why you are so surprised and worked up about it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my original comment about the Illuminati and the Jews because frankly the talk of 'international ruling classes' etc is soooo boring and these two groups are the usual suspects.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think your position is entirely rational. The Rich and Powerful have always run things. However, the diference now is that we don't tend to acknowledge that. People assume that since we live in democracies, the common people actually have a say. When others point out that an international ruling class still exists, it's fiercely resisted because it contradicts the social dogma. It's resisted to the point where anyone who brings up the oligarchy is labeled an anti-semite or other things...in order to shut them up.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your position is entirely rational. The Rich and Powerful have always run things. However, the diference now is that we don't tend to acknowledge that. People assume that since we live in democracies, the common people actually have a say. When others point out that an international ruling class still exists, it's fiercely resisted because it contradicts the social dogma. It's resisted to the point where anyone who brings up the oligarchy is labeled an anti-semite or other things...in order to shut them up.

I so wish I'd said lizards instead of Jews.

I think your mistake quite frankly is assuming you speak for everyone, you keep saying 'we' don't tend to acknowledge things, you use the word 'we' a lot. I live in a country that has a monarch and aristocracy, do you think we've ever forgotten who runs thing really? Most Europeans understand how the world works, it's not refusing to acknowledge anything, it's called getting on with our lives while the modern Borgias, De Medicis, Caesars etc etc play their games.

I think too that most people these days don't consider themselves 'common', calling someone common now means you think they are below you, like chavs, now they are common.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Money has always made the world go round.

The Superrich have always associated with the political elite, as it helps the politicians stay in power and the superrich stay rich. I don’t believe they run the world, but they certainly have significant influence in it. If a superrich individual tells a politician, if you don’t do X, I will pull my company out of your region and relocate it to Y country, is what every company does, it’s just the big ones that can actually make it happen.

There is no conspiracy anywhere in the world, mostly because people are just plain incompetent. Hell they could keep a simple break in at Watergate secret.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Money has always made the world go round.

The Superrich have always associated with the political elite, as it helps the politicians stay in power and the superrich stay rich. I don’t believe they run the world, but they certainly have significant influence in it. If a superrich individual tells a politician, if you don’t do X, I will pull my company out of your region and relocate it to Y country, is what every company does, it’s just the big ones that can actually make it happen.

There is no conspiracy anywhere in the world, mostly because people are just plain incompetent. Hell they could keep a simple break in at Watergate secret.

So the rich and powerful never plan in secret?

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tez only says that because she's still bitter from beeing booted from the ZOG council.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So the rich and powerful never plan in secret?

Who doesn't plan in secret?? No one telegraphs their plans for anything personal or business, though with FB & Twitter, that is not so much the norm these days.

Latest Discussions