Smoothies

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I'm working on losing some weight and one of the things I've been doing is making smoothies for breakfast. I rarely eat fruit, so this is getting me to eat my daily amounts plus I am really finding them refreshing and tasty. Does anyone else make smoothies? If so, please share your recipes here. Thanks!!

The one I have been making mostly is:
1/3 cup lowfat strawberry or vanilla yogurt
1 big handful frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1/3 cup 100% cranberry juice
1 big handful of ice

I blend all that together and enjoy!!

Alternatives I may throw in are about 7 frozen peach slices, 2 Tablespoons 100% pineapple juice concentrate, 1/3 cup fat free milk, peanut butter.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I was using GNC's MRP packs for a while, but my discipline wavered and I got out of the habit. However, when I was, I usually made:

1 pack GNC MRP - Vanilla
~2 cups frozen strawberries
1 banana, sliced
1/2 cup apple juice

Blend. Add in Skim milk until the consistency is just right.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great idea - I have a friend who is drinking lots of smoothies, and enjoying them a lot while she loses weight too. I'll have to ask her what she does.

OP
Shodan

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OUMoose- hmmmmm......I'll check into that. I am a bit limited right now in the products I can consume (nursing a baby), but that sounds interesting. My brother told me about whey powder at Trader Joe's too- good protein source....don't know if I can have it just now though.

Feisty- Yes, please check and add anything you find out about that sounds good- thanks!! I don't want to burn out on the same ol' concoction!!

Thanks to you both-
:asian: :karate:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have made a lot of them in the last couple of years. Your local bookstore should have books on them. I purchased 2 different books and each has a lot of information in them. There are many types not just protein packed but some are just for breakfast just a couple that I can remember.

Latest Discussions