Smoothies and Juicing!

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Smoothies and Juicing! After giving Jamba Juice a fortune in business over the past month, on Friday I bought my own Smoothie Blender for $19.95 at Fry's Electronics. The energy difference I have felt from having fruit smoothies instead of take-out (or turkey bolagna sandwich smothered in Miracle Whip) for lunch has been incredible! For so many years I have heard about the benefits of juicing - but had always been a bit skeptical. Wrong! What a snack or meal replacement they make!

Right now I'm drinking a blend of:

Fresh Strawberries
1 Banana
Fresh Papaya
Frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup Applejuice
1 Peach
3 Tablespoons of Orange Sherbert

Oh, so much energy! I'm ready to go paint a picture now!

Anyone else had the same experience? Thoughts on juicing? Recipes?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
oh yes, smoothies are a big part of my diet.

Don't think I got any "set" recipes though, basically a banana and some other stuff, depending on what I have available :)

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the "healthy snack club"

My favorite recipe is:

1 banana
1 cup nonfat peach yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
add orange juice to get desired consistency.

If I've been lifting, I'll often add some protein powder.

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Smoothies and Juicing! After giving Jamba Juice a fortune in business over the past month, on Friday I bought my own Smoothie Blender for $19.95 at Fry's Electronics. The energy difference I have felt from having fruit smoothies instead of take-out (or turkey bolagna sandwich smothered in Miracle Whip) for lunch has been incredible! For so many years I have heard about the benefits of juicing - but had always been a bit skeptical. Wrong! What a snack or meal replacement they make!

Fresh Strawberries
1 Banana
Fresh Papaya
Frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup Applejuice
1 Peach

Dude that is a nice smoothie, I just made it except I put 4 spoonfuls of orange sherbert(So Nice), Thanks for sharing your smoothie!!

Bobby.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:

Fresh Strawberries
1 Banana
Fresh Papaya
Frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup Applejuice
1 Peach

Hey Jonathan :) You know this is just the beginning? I started same as you with gorgeous smoothies but got pulled into the murky world of juicing. And from there it was a slippery slope into vegetable drinks, ha! Seriously, I cannot recommend vegetable drinks highly enough and not such an acquired taste as you might think. I'm sure you have tried freshly pressed vegetable juice before but it's so much more "zen" to do it yourself if you have the machine and they're not so expensive - bang in some beetroot or some red cabbage and some little radishes and balance it out with carrots or apples and some mint. Man what a kickstart and you can lord it over all the mortals who know no better and eat spuds w/every meal, LOL only jokin'. I never looked back :D

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Juicing is a bit of a problem in a lot of the sports I love...and you gotta watch out for those smoothies too...distractin' the ladies and whatnot.

:)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
anyone tried milk, banananana (SP?), strawberries, honey, tofu (not too much) and maybe nuts?

White Fox

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:

Fresh Strawberries
1 Banana
Fresh Papaya
Frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup Applejuice
1 Peach

That’s great to hear!! I like to put some blue-green algae in my smoothies, I get tons of every from the stuff and you can barley taste it!

Latest Discussions