Since KKW seems to be the new bashing thing here

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i want to say something to all of y'all, i mean this in no disrespect to anybody or anyone's martial art, but as my instructor once said, "your belt only covers one inch of ur back side, u must cover the rest." Now martial arts is supposed to be about being able to defend yourself and having the courage to do whats right, is not a tenet of many of m.a.'s coutresy and respect? If so why are you bashing others for there martial art? It doesn't matter how many gold bars you have on your belt, the bully isn't going to care, what does matter is what you learned and how you can apply it. With that being said i mean no disrespect to any black belt out there, and i believe some apologies are in order....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was actually Ed Parker saying and I believe he said it at the San Diego Open sometime around 1968.

Who owes who an apology I mean a apology is to admit guilt and who here will admit to anything. I say lets all live and learn and just all get together for a group hug.
icon10.gif

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
.... I say lets all live and learn and just all get together for a group hug.

Does TKD teach a defense against a group bear hug?? :ultracool

Actually, I have a serious question here, and since it's about the KKW, I figured I'd just drop it in here.

When did the KKW come about and have a strong (or apparently strong) presence in the US? Just curious because while I picked up my rank in a smaller town in the US 15 years ago, I can't remember having heard of it back then.

TaeKwonDoKevin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i want to say something to all of y'all, i mean this in no disrespect to anybody or anyone's martial art, but as my instructor once said, "your belt only covers one inch of ur back side, u must cover the rest." Now martial arts is supposed to be about being able to defend yourself and having the courage to do whats right, is not a tenet of many of m.a.'s coutresy and respect? If so why are you bashing others for there martial art? It doesn't matter how many gold bars you have on your belt, the bully isn't going to care, what does matter is what you learned and how you can apply it. With that being said i mean no disrespect to any black belt out there, and i believe some apologies are in order....

I couldn't agree more!
If it seemed that I have bashed ANYONE....I am sorry. I NEVER meant that in any post I have made. It seems some thought I was, anyone that knows me, KNOWS, I have respect for ALL Orgs, and Arts, and would never intend to bash anyone or Org of credibility.

Respectfully,
-Kevin

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am a bit confused. I don't feel anyone has bashed the Kukkiwon....did I miss something?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At the Kukkiwon, there are individuals in the building who condition their hands and feet using makiwara boards which are attached to the stucture. So technically, they are 'bashing' the literal Kukkiwon.

Silly, I know, but I could not resist.:D

Daniel

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin Note

Thread Closed!

Please allow me to address the issue here.

1) The forum rules that are in place, are in place for everyone. This includes members and forum mods.

2) EVERYONE who joins up for this forum, agrees to the forum rules. If anyone has failed to read them, and then complains about them later, that is not my issue. It is yours for agreeing to something that you failed to read.

3) The forum mods here on this forum, do not get paid. We give our time for free. That being said, we all have regular, real world jobs, with varying hours. There are things, such as hot threads, problem members, problem posts, etc. that will be missed. However, if a member comes across a hot thread, a problem member, is having issues with another member, etc., there are ways to bring this to the attn. of the staff. Those ways are as follows:

A) PM a staff member.
B) Use the RTM (Report to Mod) feature, which is the little red triangle in the upper right hand corner of each post. It will generate a ticket that will be reviewed by staff, who will address the problem.

4) If anyone is having an issue with another member, again, use the RTM. Instead, many times, the member who is having the issue, will fire back at the other person, thus making two people in the wrong. Then the member will complain when they too, get warned they are violating the rules. I've said it before, I'll say it again....use the RTM.

5) Apparently some people who are offended by the posts in the now closed thread, failed to report any posts, or bring them to the attention of the forum staff, but instead, continued to post in that thread. Well, if it was that offensive, why continue to post and then complain later? If you're that offended, don't post, and bring the problem thread to the attn. of the forum staff.

6) Some people seem to think that when a warning gets posted, its directed at a certain person. Let me clarify. A warning that gets posted in a thread, is due to a rule violation. It is a general warning. It is not the policy of this forum, to discuss with members, action that is taken on other members. In other words, just because you may have been warned, dont assume that you were the only one.

This was also posted by Bob Hubbard on the other thread.

Let me add here:

If you have gone through the proper steps to discuss your concerns with our staff and still feel the matter needs discussion, my phone number and contact information are all over this site. Our goal is to be as even and fair as possible, regardless of affiliations, organizations, and how many levels of black you claim around your waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions