Shout out from new member/injury ?

M

Mudo Warrior

This is only my second post on this forum, and the first one was trying to answer a question for someone so I'll give you all alittle background on myself. I have been training in Taekwondo for almost 14 years and I have trained in several other martial arts along the way. I also own and opperate a dojang in central Illinois where I teach Tae Kwon Do. Basically that is me in a nut shell and I just wanted to give a shout out to all you great martial artists out there since I just joined your forum. Anyway I do have an issue that someone might be able to help me with. About 4 years ago I fractured my right hip bone while training. I healed well and was back to training in about 8 months (I never really stopped I just stopped using my legs) however now that I am getting alittle older I just can't seem to get that joint to work the way it used to. In other words, I can still kick high and with alot of power but in sparring (mostly in using combination kicks, and evading attacks) I just don't have the mobility that I used to and it is slowing me down. Does anyone know what I can do to get my mobility back?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Best bet for that kind of problem would be to see a doctor. Might not be something that can simply be trained away.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might be getting early arthritis, which can happen after an injury like that. It may be that while the fracture was obvious there was also aggravation to the joint.

See also this thread.

OP
M

Mudo Warrior

Thanks Guys, I always figured I would get Arthritis do to this injury because I didn't go to the doctor and get it checked out for around 6 months after the injury happened. I also didn't stop training during that period. Not my most intellegent move but what can I say I was about 22 years old and "imortal". Now I am almost 30 and a bit smarter. Anyway thanks for the advice!

Latest Discussions