Should people post why they disagree

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Explaining your reason for disagreement is a nice thing to do but it's not mandatory that being said. If you don't have to do something a lot of people won't. That and the fact that a lot of people feel that they don't owe anyone anything.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some odd people click the disagree button as retaliation. It’s childish. I’ve observed that they always keep it even. If you disagree with them, they disagree with you. Kind of funny when it happens.
Some even seek out other posts of your just to disagree some more, sprinkling them randomly.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I won't bother to do more than click DISAGREE if the situation seems to be of the flogging a dead horse variety
Sometime back I posted about being able to take back stuff I said earlier. When it comes to the concept of flogging a dead horse that's what I was talking about. Lets say I say something 100,001 times. I want to be able to take back the first one million times I said it so that I can make the 100,001th time the first time.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't like using the disagree button. I feel like I'm taking my wife's name in vain.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some odd people click the disagree button as retaliation. It’s childish. I’ve observed that they always keep it even. If you disagree with them, they disagree with you. Kind of funny when it happens.
No they don’t.

Sorry, I just couldn’t help it. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've stopped tracking when someone agrees or disagrees with me. I discovered that I was slowing caring about the wrong things. Now I don't know if anyone agrees or disagrees with me unless they post something along with it. As a result, I have a better experience on this website than I was when I first joined.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've stopped tracking when someone agrees or disagrees with me. I discovered that I was slowing caring about the wrong things. Now I don't know if anyone agrees or disagrees with me unless they post something along with it. As a result, I have a better experience on this website than I was when I first joined.
In many (most?) cases, clicking "disagree" and not posting a reply can be interpreted as "I disagree with this, but not strongly enough to argue" or "I disagree, but that dead horse has been flogged enough".

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In many (most?) cases, clicking "disagree" and not posting a reply can be interpreted as "I disagree with this, but not strongly enough to argue" or "I disagree, but that dead horse has been flogged enough".
ha ha ha.. nah not here.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't like using the disagree button.
That ominous red "thumb down" looks SO negative. It looks too much like a "dislike," so I have used it only for extreme cases. But disagreeing is not the same as not liking. Perhaps reworking the emoji or adding a couple more choices will allow us to more exactly express our reactions.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That ominous red "thumb down" looks SO negative. It looks too much like a "dislike," so I have used it only for extreme cases. But disagreeing is not the same as not liking. Perhaps reworking the emoji or adding a couple more choices will allow us to more exactly express our reactions.
I'd personally love a "your post evoked within me a sense of pensive reflectiveness of which I am brought through an inquisitive mood and an earnest journey of curiosity and state of wonderment and awe for the rest of the day..." emoji reaction.

---> 🤔 ?