Short-run Custom Patches?

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought; can you get the patches through NGA?
The NGAA doesn't issue the chest patches. They might issue the NGAA shoulder patch, but I'm not a member of the NGAA and use my own shoulder patch. I doubt I could order through them even if they offered what I need, since I haven't been a member for about 15 years.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone out there know of a good source for short-run (fewer than 100) custom embroidered patches at a decent price? I've found good prices at minimums of 100 or more, and I've found short-run suppliers who can supply as few as 1 at a time but who charge up to 10x the price. I only have a few students at a time, so I only need a few patches.
Gerry,
Were you able to source these patches?

lenjee

White Belt
Reaction score
For me, it's mostly a matter of the expense of ordering that many. 3 patches (two chest patches plus the shoulder patch - the usual stuff in most NGA dojos) times 100 patches makes for a total of several hundred dollars, and probably 6 years worth of patches. Thus far, all of the money I've taken in has gone into equipment. That's unlikely to change in the near future unless I add several new students, which is likewise unlikely.

If I don't find a reasonable short-run producer, I'll probably skip the traditional chest patches (some symbolism within the art) and just do the shoulder patch. In a pinch, I can actually embroider the chest patches directly on the uniforms (I have a machine that can do that).
For me, it's mostly a matter of the expense of ordering that many. 3 patches (two chest patches plus the shoulder patch - the usual stuff in most NGA dojos) times 100 patches makes for a total of several hundred dollars, and probably 6 years worth of patches. Thus far, all of the money I've taken in has gone into equipment. That's unlikely to change in the near future unless I add several new students, which is likewise unlikely.

If I don't find a reasonable short-run producer, I'll probably skip the traditional chest patches (some symbolism within the art) and just do the shoulder patch. In a pinch, I can actually embroider the chest patches directly on the uniforms (I have a machine that can do that).

If I don't find a reasonable short-run producer Custom Patches in Houston, I'll probably skip the traditional chest patches (some symbolism within the art) and just do the shoulder patch. In a pinch, I can actually embroider the chest patches directly on the uniforms (I have a machine that can do that).
Does anybody have a favorite spot that you’ve ordered custom-designed patches from? Even better, one that’s run by burners? I’m in need of a bunch for a project this year on playa and I’m overwhelmed with the choices.

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a favorite spot that you’ve ordered custom-designed patches from? Even better, one that’s run by burners? I’m in need of a bunch for a project this year on playa and I’m overwhelmed with the choices.
I could probably figure out where I ended up getting mine from, but I went with dye sublimation patches, as they are less expensive for small runs and carry more detail.

Latest Discussions