short clip on grafting skk and ak techniques

OP
J

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That board (if we are talking aobut the same place) is an odd mixture of very very smart people and very rude people, so I was reluctant to send you over there. It seems like the thread about your video was mostly form the smart ones LOL, I may have derailed it by posting about my own stuff LOL. I think some may have read to omuch into what is essentially a test of the process for recording and posting videos ;)

Couldn't agree more! Like I have said before I have been around awhile and lurked on most of these boards for years. In fact after reading that board and another of its kind I really had to do some sole searching on if I wanted to continue my study of AK. I read these posts and realized that there aren't two AK practitioners that agree on anything, then I realized that alot of it is just talk and talk behind keyboards to boot. As for the video, I had fun posting it, I had fun in the 1:36 it took us to film the thing and look forward to doing more. Hey maybe I'll even put a little effort into the next one.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi folks,
A student of mine taped this for me as a test run on some up coming projects. I wanted to post this up for discussion.

Please understand this was a 1 min. test video and I could have spent the entire 10 min easy going over this technique, but other than that I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks Karen for the video.
Big circles, big trouble....

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Like I have said before I have been around awhile and lurked on most of these boards for years. In fact after reading that board and another of its kind I really had to do some sole searching on if I wanted to continue my study of AK. I read these posts and realized that there aren't two AK practitioners that agree on anything, then I realized that alot of it is just talk and talk behind keyboards to boot. As for the video, I had fun posting it, I had fun in the 1:36 it took us to film the thing and look forward to doing more. Hey maybe I'll even put a little effort into the next one.

well, I hope one thing y'all learned from posting a video "just for test" is that your intent for making the video is completely irrelevant, as it will be surgically dissected by many people with varying agendas and abilities. :) I wouldn't worry about it one little bit. Take the positives and ignore the rest!

OP
J

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well, I hope one thing y'all learned from posting a video "just for test" is that your intent for making the video is completely irrelevant, as it will be surgically dissected by many people with varying agendas and abilities. :) I wouldn't worry about it one little bit. Take the positives and ignore the rest!

Trust me I knew all to well what would happen, and thats ok because most people won't ever put anything out there for the world to see. The fact of the matter is even if it was a video that was shot in HD with great editing and as many takes as needed to get perfect stances, checks, blocks, strikes, takedowns, blood gore intestines lying on the floor.....there will always be people who like what you do and others that think your worse than a toddler playing with daddy's pistol (cause atleast he's dangerous). ROFL.

JoeW

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Completely unrelated but could your students belt be any longer? I thought he was going to trip on it. Other than that from my limited Kempo knowledge I liked it.