You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops
Love me till I'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
Cover up the blank spots
Hit me on the head Ah ooh [/SIZE][/FONT]

From my high school days, still love it.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
I liked the flies...
a lot.

with_teeth was a great album; though, I liked the grandeur/depth of Spiral more. It was scary, in places... Big Man With A Gun, for example or Eraser.

your mold goes back on after halloween
you go to work today
you'll go to work tomorrow
shitfaced tonight you'll brag about it for months
remember what i did
remember what i was
back on halloween
but what's in between?

That's for when I'm feeling really creepy.

In a more day-to-day sense, though, I have to submit:
Don't believe in miracles,
I do believe in love.
Don't advise you to stick to rules,
There ain't no need to push and shove
Or in the end you'll reflect the pool
Reaching for the sky above
Hey Jim :) Man these two are great. And yeah the flies and I recall that vid done with that "Matrix" greenovision colouring or was it "Blade" brownovision? Ha!! Actually it was the vid on MTV2 that turned me onto Sunna. Thank heavens for MTV2. Fantastic. Though if you're looking for a supercool vid to a supercool song, ain't no beating Muse's "Plug in Baby" wow! Now that's a creepy and clever vid and I practised for hours to get that little arpeggio solo on my guitar bimbo I am.

For when I'm feeling really kooky I'd go bury myself in "People are Strange" - and I don't care which either the original or the Bunnymen version done for The Lost Boys with the lovely Kieffer if you know of that film and remember it?? But for creepy I'd not go for Slipknot or NIN or Manson or any of that, I'd go for The Cure, wow! I just LOVE Robert Smith and the creepiest song was "Lullaby" which could be really VERY sinister and unpleasant depending on how you interpret it though the Cure got plenty of other creepy songs too and I could go on and on and on forever about The Cure but never mind that... Here's "Lullaby" and Jim, I bet you can't top this for creepiness??? **throws down gauntlet, stamps boot and put hands to hips** :D

Quietly he laughs, and shaking his head
Creeps closer now, closer to the foot of the bed
And softer than shadow and quicker than flies, his arms are all round me and his tongue in my eyes
"Be still be calm be quiet now, my precious boy, don't struggle like that or I will only love you more,"
"For it's much too late to get away or turn on the light, the spiderman is having you for dinner tonight".
And I feel like I'm being eaten by a thousand million shivering furry holes
And I know that in the morning I will wake up in the shivering cold

And the spiderman is ALWAYS hungry...
*shivers*

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sam said:
P.O.D. is just pure awesome! I like youth of the nation, overplayed, but wonderful.

hmmm.

How about:

I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world....

(just kidding)
Go on Sam, admit it you like it really :) Hands up I will say I secretly love a bit of Barbie Girl when I'm fixin meself to go out, ha! Don't be telling anyone or I'll lose my credibility! Nah, anyway what do I care for credibility? Yay Barbie Girl ;)

Sam said:
for real though: (some people might consider this graphic. I don't think its too bad, but I put it in white... highlight to read. The content matter is about self mutilation.)

The Used
Ooooh Sam, that's SOME lyric. That's a serious, SERIOUS lyric. I'm at a loss here. Actually no, I'm not, I'm not at all. Dump out The Used they're for the darkest days of winter and it's summer nearly so here's one for ya that I think you will like and I want you to dig out if you have it or pull it off itunes it's from back in the day when dance music was PROPER and meant something and not bland sampled '06 club rubbish... Sometimes I DO need a little uplifting kick into shape and maybe you do to?? And this here's a kick for sure - Rozalla "Everybody's Free"

Everybody's free! to feel good
Everybody's free!
Brother and sister, together we'll make it through
Some day a spirit will lift you and take you there
I know you've been hurting but I've been there waiting to be there for you
And I'll be there just helping you out, whenever I can

We are all a family that should stand together as one
Helping each other instead of just wasting time
Now is the moment to reach out to someone it's all up to you
When everyone's sharing their hope then love will win through

And I'll do better for you Sam - I'll give you a bonus lyric. This here's another one in the same vein and from the same era. This one's just especially for YOU Sam and I'd be THRILLED and CHUFFED if you could spin it up for me, it's the Shamen and the incredibly empowering "Move Any Mountain" A great lyric to motivate you in your Martial Arts and one of those great tracks for life...

I will NOT fail nor falter. I SHALL succeed! My perception is altered, I DO believe
Faith is so strong now NOTHING shall bar my way, firm conviction: no fiction THIS IS my day

I can Move Move Move Any Mountain, I can Move Move Move Any Mountain, I can Move Move Move Any Mountain

I walk so tall. Ascending, I stand so high! Earth below me revolving.
Above the sky, I feel NO fear. To be here is oh so fine. Shining brightly like sunlight inside my mind

Well you know that ANY mountain is capable of moving. The Shamen and the new generation who are proving
You can be what you WANT to be, let your soul and your body and your mind be free
One of a kind: WE ALL ARE THAT and going all the way is where I'm at
With delivery smooth like the water from a fountain that's why I can Move Any Mountain, Move Any Mountain

I can Move Move Move Any Mountain, I can Move Move Move Any Mountain, I can Move Move Move Any Mountain

Future Feeling new sensation - body is rockin' and the mind is reeling
And I'm rolling, racing, changing emotion, flowing like a river into the ocean
Better get yourself ready for the next transition 'cos the time is right for a new vibration
My vision: one nation; one tribe; one day will come the might to Move Any Mountain
Move Any Mountain
Move Any Mountain
I can Move Move Move Any Mountain

I walk so tall. Ascending, I stand so high! Earth below me revolving.
Above the sky, I feel NO fear. To be here is oh so fine. Shining brightly like sunlight inside my mind

Please, please hoke that one out for me from wherever you can and give it a listen on your machine. It'd REALLY mean a WHOLE lot to me if you did :) :) :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
This song is about growing old... sometimes it happens too fast and you just can't seem to catch up.
------------------

Time ~ Pink Floyd from "Dark Side Of The Moon."

Note: Throughout this (fine) album, in between songs, there are clips of interviews conducted on the street by the band members one notably of Paul McCartney as he was exiting the building (Apple Studios BTW). Between the blend of Breathe Reprise and Great Gig In The Sky these words could be heard though faintly. Pink Floyd is more renown for being a more "head-phone" type listening muisic than "open-air". The identity of the various speakers is not revealed. But David Gilmore did mention McCartney's name as one of the interviewees. Oh yes, the album was produced by none other than Alan Parsons. :wink1:
Hey Ralph, :) Man that's great and you've listened to that album until you can hear conversations behind conversations and that's some testament to how big a fan you are!! Superb! Ralph, you're an education to me, thanks and thanks again!! And that's a truly poignant lyric you have given from their finest hour for sure. Thank you. And well since you mentioned growing old and McCartney - and btw did you SEE McCartney's latest divorce settlement and how much £££ (sorry $$$) his ex gets??? Man, I'm SO moving in the WRONG circles I tell ya!!! Anyway, since Macca is free now, maybe there's a slim chance for me as the next Mrs Mc??? Ha! LOL :) But since you mentioned, I gotta give you my fav song off Rubber Soul - their best album for me and this a bit wistful but lovely nonetheless - "In My Life"

There are places I'll remember all my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better, some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments. With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living. In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning when I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them. In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them in my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

A different era from the Floyd but I wonder are you a Beatles fan too? That one just makes me pensive for the things past and passed. And that's not always a bad thing as sometimes it brings current things into perspective.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
This song just captivates me. ;)

Sweetest Perfection (Depeche Mode)

When I need a drug in me
And it brings out the thug in me
Feel something tugging me
Then I want the real thing not tokens
Hey my lovely friend Carol :) :) Wow, you've REALLY cheered me up hearing you like this. I am just THE BIGGEST Depeche Mode fan, I got EVERY album on my pod and I can't tell ya how happy I am you like too and this was I think the album that made a name for them over where you are with "Enjoy the Silence" and "Personal Jesus", right? - which incidentally did you ever hear the Johnny Cash version he did, not too long before he passed? That was just so RIGHT! Though Marilyn Manson's version was, well... kitsch and commercial and gratuitous I would say.

But I listened to Sweetest Perfection again and yes, captivating is le mot juste I am certain! OK, so I'm thinking straight off "But Not Tonight" this choon really makes me believe sometimes it's possible to be happy even when stuff is going bad like "Oh God it's raining and I'm not complaining..." and I just want to share this line with you....
The moon
Is shining in the sky
Reminding me
Of so many other nights
When my eyes have been so red
I've been mistaken for dead
But not tonight

And I could give ya hundreds but I haven't got the space and you prolly haven't got the time so I'll narrow it down just for you, the beautiful "Somebody" from the earlier and more plinkety-plink-industrial Some Great Reward. This is Martin Gore's gorgeous and sorrowful but yet optimistic choon. I could listen to this equally with a tear to my eye or a smile on my lips just depending....
I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts, know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side. And give me support
And in return she'll get my support
She will listen to me when I want to speak
About the world we live in and life in general
Though my views may be wrong they may even be perverted
She'll hear me out and won't easily be converted, to my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all she will understand me

I want somebody who cares for me passionately
With every thought and with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things in a different light
All the things I detest, I will almost like
I don't want to be tied to anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear of those things
But when I'm asleep, I want somebody
Who will put their arms around and kiss me tenderly
Though things like this make me sick
In a case like this I'll get away with it

If you got either of those, PLEASE give them a dust off for me???

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Hey Sean, :) Ya know this has gotta be one of those songs I just can't get my head round - maybe with a few space cakes it might make sense but until then, uh? I'd be interested to know what it means to you? Isis, right? I married Isis on the fifth day of May but I could not hold on to her very long. Ok that's fine but after that, I'm um... lost! :)

Interested to know what that all means if you know. And I think it's funny that I might listen to a song and sing along and never actually know what the h3ll I'm singing, LOL :D Worst of all for this Procul Harem's "Whiter Shade of Pale", I mean why are vestal virgins heading for the coast and what are vestal virgins anyway or shouldn't I ask?? LOL :)

btw, have you REALLY got the touch of death? And what is the touch of death anyway?

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna
Well ever since I realized what all Brian Eno's songs meant Ive been very suspicious of that particular lyric. Match can mean a lot of things. Given that Bob mention's Carlos Castaneda by name in another song on the same album I am open to believing that they were a match of wits and are peaking on some drug; however; they dig for gold and one dies of something Dylan hopes he won't catch... so ya got me.

Your father he's an outlaw a gambler by trade
he taught you how to pick and choose
and how to throw the blade

Sean

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MartialIntent said:
Jenna,
Thanks for this. Yeah I'm surely not averse to blasting a bit of Primal Scream at all and you gave me Miss Lucifer, well that's a cracking track. Best on Evil Heat I'd say, thanks! I'm enjoying this. Have you seen their video for Country Girl yet? I'm in love with that video though I can't decide whether to hug or shout at the girl in it! Actually I like the video *so* much I'm not even sure whether the song is any good! Hehe. Anyway, hope I'm permitted to share another lyric without fear of "hijacking" your thread. It's Forever and a Day by Ian Brown whom I'm sure you're familiar with. I have this on because lyrically it's dreamy and musically moreso and what's work for anyway if not for sitting amidst aimless thoughts! So if nothing else, this is a good tip for daydreaming, hehe.

What you gonna do when you just found forever? Where you gonna get to when you cant get it together?
Forever and a day

A fly gets caught upon a spiders web. The snake still has another skin to shed.
Forever and a day

Is it all a dream or have you just found forever? Get it all together, get like birds of a feather.
Forever and a day

The truth be told, you're more than stones and rings of gold. You can't be bought or sold
What ya gonna do when you just found forever? Where you gonna get to when you get it together ?
Each and every day

Forever and a day

Respects!
Hey my friend Doc Holliday! :) Man, Ian Brown just rules! And you were a Roses fan too I'm sure?? Ahh, the memories but still Brown wiped the floor with Ian Squire - whatever happened to him?? Anyway, yeah. I'll not give you more Ian Brown though if you're looking for dreamy, "Nah Nah" is top. When I think day-dreamy I think instrumental like Tangering Dream or Jean Michel Jarre but that ain't no good for lyrics doh! so along those lines, here's the floaty and dreamy "Computer Love" from the wacky Deutschmen Kraftwerk and did you hear this sampled on Coldplay's "Talk"? I wasn't upset by that in fact I think it MADE their song. But the original is SO cool and ethereal I think is the word :) ...

Another lonely night
Stare at the TV screen
I don't know what to do
I need a rendezvous
Computer love
Computer love

I call this number
For a data date
I don't know what to do
I need a rendezvous
Computer love
Computer love

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I discovered this song by U2 (not a fan, which is why I didn't find it sooner) right around the time I left my last church. That in itself is a long sordid saga for another post, though I have documented my time in that church in other fora...

Walk On
by U2
Hey my special friend SL :) And I'm gonna get shouty with you for not being a U2 fan sooner. Ahh, all those things you've been missing. Hey I met Bono for real!!! hows about that, oh yeah, PM me anytime if you're interested!! And I'm thinking of what to give you in return because "Walk On" is such an emotive track. Let me see... hang on... OK, I was gonna give you something from the Joshua Tree but I'm gonna go back further into the days before they were just SO big and I think the music was more HONEST and, well, this is the amazing "Two Hearts Beat as One" and just one verse but it's the best verse for ya...

I don't know
How to say what's got to be said
I don't know if it's black or white
There's others see it red
I don't get the answers right
I'll leave that to you
Is this love out of fashion?
Or is it the time of year?
Are these words distraction
To the words you wanna hear?

Two hearts beat as one. Two hearts beat as one

I try to spit it out
I try to explain
The way I feel
Oh, yeah
Two hearts

I can't stop the dance
Maybe this is my last chance
I said I can't stop the dance
I said don't stop the dance
I said can't stop the dance
Maybe this is our last chance

Oh and do let me know about your church experience if it's for sharing because I am curious and interested to know how something like that can happen. Thank you :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
Hehehehehhehe.. Still adventuring despite holding down a job! *grin* I am very blessed to have a job that allows me a certain latitude in my tasks and rewards me for exploring and discovering.. tends to feed my own little internal explorer.. But I still find time to jump on a plane and have an adventure.. *smile* I'll have to tell you about my trip to Austria sometime... *grin*

Have a great day!

Rob
Hey Rob :) see now I'm really interested in what you do for the money?? Exploring and discovering, wow! I'm intrigued. And yes tell me bout Austria. I think Austria is one of the MOST beautiful countries I've ever been to and the folk are SO friendly and the houses with the flowers all along the ledges I wouldn't have believed it was really like that and you got on the glacier? I can't remember the name and the Krimml Falls?? Wow, what a fantastic place and of course you brought home some "Mozarts Balls" mmmmm chocolate, gimme gimme gimme, ha! And I remember a place called Achensee I think by a lake of the most phenomenal blue, wow. I'd love to hear what you got up to there, skiing maybe??? I would love to go live there but a little expensive, yes??

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Today, I revel in newfound love and the lyrics to this love are:

I need to feel your heartbeat (heartbeat)
So close, feels like mine
All mine
I need to feel your heartbeat (heartbeat)
So close it feels like mine
All mine...
I remember the feeling
My hands in your hair
Hands in your hair
I remember the feeling
Of the rhythm we made
The rhythm we made
I need to land sometime
Right next to you
Feel your heartbeat (heartbeat)
Right next to me.....

Hey Jim :) Over easy today?? LOL :D
King Crimson right?? But ya know I'm confused as to how to interpret your new found love. Is this a metaphorical love or like the REAL thing??? Cause ya know I can't give you a lyric unless I know if you're telling me you like LOVE this song or if you're telling me you've FOUND love and this song's the soundtrack to it... Hmmm :) Do tell and I will dig around in my big box of lyrics, LOL. It's a big blue box btw. Leather. Gold lined. Sits on a plinth made from slate, ha! Damn too much coffee Jim, what's the cure for that, eh?

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Here's "Lullaby" and Jim, I bet you can't top this for creepiness??? **throws down gauntlet, stamps boot and put hands to hips** :D

Quietly he laughs, and shaking his head
Creeps closer now, closer to the foot of the bed
And softer than shadow and quicker than flies, his arms are all round me and his tongue in my eyes
"Be still be calm be quiet now, my precious boy, don't struggle like that or I will only love you more,"
"For it's much too late to get away or turn on the light, the spiderman is having you for dinner tonight".
And I feel like I'm being eaten by a thousand million shivering furry holes
And I know that in the morning I will wake up in the shivering cold

And the spiderman is ALWAYS hungry...

*shivers*

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

I dunno, Helena by The Misfits comes close:

If I cut off your arms and cut off you legs
would you still love me anyway?
If you're bound and gagged, draped and displayed

Why don't you love me anyway?

Cutting with a knife,
Blood is spilling everywhere
She will be my wife
Secondary spine,
Incisions must be accurate
I know just what to do
My hands are trembling i can't spare
To slip up with this knife

Her beauty so illogical
The beast come gliding in
Hideous chameleon
She's stripped down to her skin
Dance to the burning flame
Pleasure exhumes the pain
The night bursts into flame
Dance
Helena,
Dance
Woah

If I cut off your arms and I cut off your legs

There's a spot on the floor where your limbs used to be
And I close the door on my fantasies
Why don't you love me anyway?

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
OK, here's one from the Talking Heads, Speaking in Tongues

This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)

From my high school days, still love it.
Hey Michael :) With lyrics like this all I can say is, man keep em coming!! The Heads were just so left-field and even now David Byrne is still going well as the "featured" artist. Actually, look on back, who was it? Mister Doc Holliday has the superb Once in a Lifetime as a quote signature. But ya know I'm thinking of what to pop back atcha and I'm not gonna lay off some more Talking Heads, though I'd be thinking "Psycho Killer" or "Burning Down the House" - my favs but NO. Here's something I'm not certain you will be down with but these guys have been around for like DECADES and if you don't have it I can recommend HIGHLY, it's from the album Lil Beethoven and it's the equally weird and left-field Sparks. This is "Suburban Homeboys" and man, this just cracks me up everytime I hear it and the whole LP is a blast and a hoot - so here's the tip for your next birthday maybe or a quick buy off Amazon. I'd LOVE you to hear it!!! Read this... And WEEP, ha! Oh, it's sung in a very "suburban" ie. pOh-lite way:D :D

I am a suburban homeboy with a suburban 'ho right by my side
I am a suburban homeboy and I say yo dog to my pool cleaning guy
I hope I'm baggy enough for them
I play my Shaggy enough for them
I'll pop a cap up some fool at the Gap
'Cause I'm a suburban homeboy

I am a suburban homeboy and I say yo' dog to my detailing guy
I bought me cornrows on Amazon
I started listening to Farrakhan
My caddy and me he looks just like Jay-Z
And I'm a suburban homeboy

She's known as Miss Missy Tannenbaum and she's one freak b_tch, ain't no lie
She's from the projects in St. Tropez
She looks like Iverson in a way
She yo yo's me and I yo yo her back

We are suburban homeboys
With our suburban ho's right by our sides
We are suburban homeboys and we say yo dog and we mean it, by God
We've got an old school mentality
Oxford and Cambridge mentality
Props to our peeps and please keep your receipts
And we are suburban homeboys

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alright, my friend, try this one on for size. The late Harry Chapin, original artist who wrote and recorded Cats in the Cradle, which was redone by Guns 'n Roses in the early 1990s, and another band more recently, but I forget who it was. Here is another one of his great, melancholy poetic tunes, that bring tears to my eyes.

She Sing Songs Without Words
By Harry Chapin

I was thrown on the cobblestones, tossed at her feet
My fool's mouth was filled with the dust from the street
An out of work court jester with nowhere to go
And no need to speak, for she seemed to know

She sings the songs without words
Songs that sailors, and blind men, and beggars have heard
She knows more of love than the poets can say
And her eyes are for something that won't go away

This mad mocking town, and its dishonored guest
Disappeared in the colors that danced on her dress
She led me to safety in a forest of green
And showed my stale eyes some sights never seen

She sings the songs without words

She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams
And seeks deep inside me and touches my dreams
The morning comes smiling and I laugh with no sound
And snuggle in silence and the sweet peace I've found

And she sings the songs without words

No they won't go away
Go away

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
favorite lyric:

the dave matthews band. the song, tripping billies.

"...eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we'll die."

great philosophy.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Alright, my friend, try this one on for size. The late Harry Chapin, original artist who wrote and recorded Cats in the Cradle, which was redone by Guns 'n Roses in the early 1990s, and another band more recently, but I forget who it was. Here is another one of his great, melancholy poetic tunes, that bring tears to my eyes.

She Sing Songs Without Words
By Harry Chapin
Hey Michael :) That is SO beautiful and poignant. Thank you so very much for that. I've not heard that one at all so this is great and new to me. And I wouldn't have known who wrote Cat's in the Cradle but yeah I think I'd heard it before G'n'R. Well you surpassed yourself with that one. I can't top it but here's a little one written by an Irish guy I believe, I'll go look that up. But covered by the unconventional Marc Almond(if you know of Soft Cell - "Tainted Love" etc). A really sorrowful song but trying really hard to keep its head above water. I just love this it's "The Days of Pearly Spencer".... Well worth checking out if you can especially if you like the Floyd, definitely of that era and of their background and with similar sentiments....

A tenement, a dirty street
Walked and worn by shoeless feet
Inside it's long and so complete
Watched by a shivering sun
Old eyes in a small child's face
Watching as the shadows race
Through walls and cracks and leave no trace
And daylight's brightness shuns

The days of Pearly Spencer
The race is almost run

Nose pressed hard on frosted glass
Gazing as the swollen mass
On concrete fields where grows no grass
Stumbles blindly on
Iron trees smother the air
But withering they stand and stare
Through eyes that neither know nor care
Where the grass has gone

The race is almost run

Pearly where's your milk white skin
What's that stubble on your chin
It's buried in the rot gut gin
You played and lost not won
You played a house that can't be beat
Now look your head's bowed in defeat
You walked too far along the street
Where only rats can run

The race is almost run
The race is almost run
The race is almost run

A tenement, a dirty street
Remember worn and shoeless feet
Remember how you stood to beat
The way your life had gone
So Pearly don't you shed more tears
For those best forgotten years
Those tenements are memories
Of where you've risen from

The race is almost won

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
favorite lyric:

the dave matthews band. the song, tripping billies.

"...eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we'll die."

great philosophy.
Hey Sapper6-san :) first off, I am liking your little Jet Li kid avatar, I bet you've got that ALL over your computer desktop right?? Man, I'm a HUGE Jet Li fan I tell ya. But... that's a great lyric. And yes I couldn't agree more. It's a wonderful attitude to have towards the one life we get. I hope you can keep it up!!! I know sometimes I have a little trouble and so I plug in the Kinks and it reminds me of being home by the Thames and cheers me up knowing it's still there waiting for me and so here's "Waterloo Sunset" and London is a wonderful place and my home no matter how much I complain about it...

Dirty old river, must you keep rolling
Flowing into the night
People so busy, makes me feel dizzy
Taxi light shines so bright
But I don't need no friends
As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset
I am in paradise

Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is evening time
Waterloo sunset's fine

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Heard The Clash on my way home from work today. It was fun. :)

Train in Vain

Say you stand by your man
Tell me something I don't understand
You said you love me and that's a fact
Then you left me, said you felt trapped

Well some things you can explain away
But my heartache's in me till this day

Did you stand by me
No, not at all
Did you stand by me
No way

All the times
When we were close
I'll remember these things the most
I see all my dreams come tumbling down
I won't be happy without you around

So all alone I keep the wolves at bay
There is only one thing that I can say

Did you stand by me
No, not at all
Did you stand by me
No way

You must explain why this must be
Did you lie when you spoke to me

Did you stand by me
No, not at all

Now I got a job
But it don't pay
I need new clothes
I need somewhere to stay
But without all these things I can do
But without your love I won't make it through

But you don't understand my point of view
I suppose there's nothing I can do

Did you stand by me
No, not at all
Did you stand by me
No way

You must explain why this must be
Did you lie when you spoke to me?

Did you stand by me
Did you stand by me
No, not at all
Did you stand by me
No way
Did you stand by me
No, not at all
Did you stand by me
No way

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
band: metallica
song: one
lyrics written by James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich (just so i dont get sued like napster!)

ONE
===

I can't remember anything
Can't tell if this is true or dream
Deep down inside I feel to scream
This terrible silence stops me
Now that the war is through with me
I'm waking up I can not see
That there is not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God,wake me

Back in the womb its much too real
In pumps life that I must feel
But can't look forward to reveal
Look to the time when I'll live
Fed through the tube that sticks in me
Just like a wartime novelty
Tied to machines that make me be
Cut this life off from me

Oh please God,wake me

Now the world is gone I'm just one
Oh God, help me
Oh please God, help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Landmine has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell

remark: the song has an incredibly genius video clip (the one involving world war I)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
green meanie said:
Heard The Clash on my way home from work today. It was fun. :)

Train in Vain
Hey there green meanie :) Oh yeah baby, gimme some more of that good stuff ya know I like it like that :D Yes, the Clash were of their time for real, LOL so thanks ever so much for this, I am SO glad to be reminded of it and I wonder was it ever covered by a girl band? Anyway, I am feeling your pain in ways you don't know but if you're feeling cruel well here's one for ya to muse over from the clever and gorgeous girls of Lush, it's "LadyKillers". I'd imagine this one's not on your player but I can recommend you listen to it anytime you're trying to get in touch with your um... feminine side, ha! Oh, Camden is in London btw...

Here we go, I'm hanging out in Camden
Drinking with my girlfriends on a Saturday night

This guy says, "Come and meet my girlfriend"
She's sitting in the corner looking rather uptight

So I say "hello" and I try to be nice
But I see he's feeling itchy
Trying to play us off each other,
"Girls, girls, please don't fight"

...You get the picture

Hey you, the muscles and the long hair
Telling me that women are superior to men
Most guys just don't appreciate this
You just try convincing me you're better than them

So he talks for hours about his sensitive soul
And his favorite subject is s3x
I don't think he even wanted it
But, Christ this guy's too much

...I wanna tell him
I'm as human as the next girl, I like a bit of flattery
But I don't need your practised lines, your school of charm mentality so
Save your breath for someone else and credit me with something more
When it comes to men like you, I know the score,
I've heard it all before

...Here comes the next one:
Blondie was with me for a summer
He flirted like a maniac but I wouldn't bite
I'm weak and he was so persistent
He only had to have me 'cause I put up a fight

Oh God, the boy had such an ego
He liked to talk about himself all day and all night
You think you're such a ladykiller
But you were nothing special 'til you turned out the light

When he's nice to me he's just nice to himself
And he's watching his reflection
I'm a five foot mirror for adoring himself
Here's seven years bad luck

...I wanna tell him

When you say you love me you're just flattering your vanity
But I don't need your practised lines your, your school of charm mentality so...
Save your breath for someone else and credit me with something more
When it comes to men like you,
I know the score,
I've heard it all before

Ooh, you're such a ladykiller, always on a winner, thinking that you're in there
Oh boy, you're such a ladykiller, super sexy mister, call it what you will, oh
You think you're such a lady killer, I just bet you're still there, posing in the mirror
Hey girls, he's such a ladykiller, but we know where he's coming from and we know the score.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, another one from Harry Chapin: I Wanna Learn A Love Song. It ends well, and is happy in a sad sort of way. Kind of makes you step back and question how you are living your life. Do you value what you have? if not, you might lose it...

I Wanna Learn a Love Song
by Harry Chapin

I come fresh from the street,
fast on my feet, kind a lean and lazy;
not much meat on my bones, and a whole lot alone,
and more than a little bit crazy.
The old six string was all I had
to keep my belly still,
and for each full hour lesson I gave
I got a crisp ten dollar bill.

She was married for seven years
to a concrete castle king.