Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Um....favorite song for my current mood?

It's the one currently playing on my myspace:

"The Curse" by Disturbed. Go have a listen and here's the lyrics:
Wow Andy that is a powerful lyric right there my friend.. And for sharing I will give you one back that I do not believe would be your "thing" and but hey do me a favour and open your ears to the motif.. from years and years ago.. I think it is maybe the square peg for the square hole. :) Jenna

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Cure/_/Fight
so when the hurting starts
and when the nightmares begin
remember
you can fill up the sky
you don't have to give in
you don't have to give in

never give in

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

No, I heard the music first and only found out later how beautiful the sisters were :lol:.

Their tunes from the seventies are the embodiment of what electric folk/rock should be i.e. clean, structured, melodies with the various strands balanced and harmonised.

Nowadays everything is overproduced and too cluttered. Part of music, like any art, is the spaces 'between'.

Modern metal is wall-to-wall noise to my aged ears, in large part because there are no 'silences', no shape to the melody and no 'character' to the playing. I can listen to rock from earlier decades and probably tell you in short order who the guitarist was because they sounded different and had their own style. I couldn't do that now - oh dear, I appear to have grown old :O.
How'd that saying go?... "If its too loud, your too old". LOL
I think once a sound gets played out its played out. You can always pick the decade by the first few beats of any given song; however, I got Eno stuff that was made in the seventies and sounds like it could have been made yesterday... and you never like what the Stones are doing until about ten years later(what gives?) I'm just saying talent is talent. The good stuff will shine through even if you, Sukerkin, are past the point of developing a taste for it.
Sean

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would you care to have a stab at rephrasing that in a less personally insulting manner? :p

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, Jenna asked me to post this ( how could I refuse ;) ) so here it is...

Alsvatr (The Oath) by Emperor:

Hark, O'Nightspirit,
father of my dark self.
From within this realm, wherein Thou dwelleth,
by this lake of blood, from which we feed to breed,
I call silently from Thy presence, as I lay this oath.

May this night carry my will
and may these old mountains
forever remember this night.
May the forest whisper my name
and may the storm bring these words
to the end of all worlds.

May the wise moon be my witness
as I swear on my honor,
in respect of my pride and darkness itself,
that I shall rule by the blackest wisdom.

O'Nightspirit!
I am at one with thee.
I am the eternal power.
I am the Emperor.

Winds and storms, embrace us now.
Lay waste the light of day.
Open gates to darker lands.
We spread our wings and fly away.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK, Jenna asked me to post this ( how could I refuse ;) ) so here it is...

Alsvatr (The Oath) by Emperor:
Hey you :) you have me in just the right mood for it today.. Here is something I bet you have not heard at all or maybe just not in a while.. Go on tell me you can beat the Brits for ****hot rock now ha! I am only jokin' my friend.. Here get this in your ears and turn it up.. Sunna - Power Struggle.. And if you are stealth posting from work well, turn it up anyways and make a big scene of yourself :) here it comes.. do not let the vid give ya heebie jeebies..

Love this lyric.. wish wish wish I could say all this with a conviction!
I will survive 'cause I want more
And I will create a bigger war
Then I will rule over and give you hell
And then you will do as I command
Cause I will be here when you are gone
Yeah I'll still be here when you are gone
I'll fill you with fear of a holy sun
I want all that I am 'cause I was made to fly
I was made to fly
And you were made to die
And I was made to fly.
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Last edited by a moderator:

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey you :) you have me in just the right mood for it today.. Here is something I bet you have not heard at all or maybe just not in a while.. Go on tell me you can beat the Brits for ****hot rock now ha! I am only jokin' my friend.. Here get this in your ears and turn it up.. Sunna - Power Struggle.. And if you are stealth posting from work well, turn it up anyways and make a big scene of yourself :) here it comes.. do not let the vid give ya heebie jeebies..

Man, now I feel totally punked. I've never even heard of Sunna. Plus youtube is blocked here at work so I can't watch the vid :(
OK, if you like bands like Sunna, you better get this one, being a Brit and all ;) :

Vision, Escape
Vision, This feels right

Hell, Is where I lie
Now take the power, When we all die

We all die

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man, now I feel totally punked. I've never even heard of Sunna. Plus youtube is blocked here at work so I can't watch the vid :(
OK, if you like bands like Sunna, you better get this one, being a Brit and all ;) :

Vision, Escape
Vision, This feels right

Hell, Is where I lie
Now take the power, When we all die

We all die
Ohh, I cannot leave you hanging there without this choon in your ears.. click on one of these and TURN IT *UP, UP, UP* :D http://search.playlist.com/tracks/power struggle If your work has barred playlist.com as well then they plainly care little for employee satisfaction I think, for what is a little music to promote the illusion of happiness in the labouring proletariat?? Ah.. I would sing it for ya but I could never make a racket as good as this!!

"Hell, Is where I lie. Now take the power, When we all die"?? I had to go digging in the bleakness of the darkest, most deserted and wet streets of my ipod for that.. and but I found it :) and do you not know you will be scaring off all the locals bringing that kind of noize into this peaceful music lounge here!!! ha! Right get back to slaving.. and remember they are watching you.. that mirror on your wall opposite ain't no mirror! Ha! I am off byebye for the weekend.. see ya
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jenna, SWEET! These dudes are being added to the Karbon Pile with NIN. You need to take a vacation and come stay with me next summer. Bring Tunes!
Lori:bangahead:

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ohh, I cannot leave you hanging there without this choon in your ears.. click on one of these and TURN IT *UP, UP, UP* :D http://search.playlist.com/tracks/power struggle If your work has barred playlist.com as well then they plainly care little for employee satisfaction I think, for what is a little music to promote the illusion of happiness in the labouring proletariat?? Ah.. I would sing it for ya but I could never make a racket as good as this!!

Argh! Playlist.com doesn't work here at work either!

"Hell, Is where I lie. Now take the power, When we all die"?? I had to go digging in the bleakness of the darkest, most deserted and wet streets of my ipod for that.. and but I found it :) and do you not know you will be scaring off all the locals bringing that kind of noize into this peaceful music lounge here!!! ha! Right get back to slaving.. and remember they are watching you.. that mirror on your wall opposite ain't no mirror! Ha! I am off byebye for the weekend.. see ya
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

I'm impressed that you got it. I had to look it up even though I've listened to Streetcleaner a million times.
I'm not too worried about offending the other MTer's. They know me well enough to expect as much from me. Hell, I used to use lines from Carpathian Forest songs as my signature.
See you later, love,
~JB

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Argh! Playlist.com doesn't work here at work either!
Yes, an unhappy employee is of course a productive employee, hmmm I congratulate your employer for their foresight. I bet they vindicate such oppression by telling you that these sites are too heavy with spyware and whatnot, ha! Oh well. they cannot get to you at home. Or can they, ha! Hey do not be talking work with me my friend.. Feed me a lyric or something or give me your fav song for today :)

Here is one from me anyways.. yes not the first choon in the world to lift something from the Matrix.. And but man why did nobody invite me to that lovely little disco party, oooh baby... I bet this is not your thing and but I do not even care.. I want to open your mind see?
= Alec Empire Addicted to You..
The first injection was for free..
Go on, counter me one better if you can :D J

Jenna, SWEET! These dudes are being added to the Karbon Pile with NIN. You need to take a vacation and come stay with me next summer. Bring Tunes!
Lori

Ahh you are cruel to tempt me my friend.. my paltry savings take me as far as Paris on the train and no further.. And but you keep a spare couch free for me and I will even sleep there :) Ha! I never go anywheres without choons. Now have not given me your choon for the day and since I am a generous sort I will give you another.. Here is something different maybe and this is the lovely Muse (before they went all pompous and like someone told me if God was a band he would be Muse, well this is Muse before all that). And yes, this is just a freaky and yet entrancing video at the same time.. And yes I have never met any women THIS amazing that were not robots I think :D I have met a lot of robots though :)
= Muse, Plug In Baby..
My plug in baby crucifies my enemies
When I'm tired of giving
My plug in baby in unbroken virgin realities
I'm tired of living

And I've seen your loving
But mine is gone
And I've been in trouble..
Hope you like? :) J

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm having an Exceptionally "Crankpants" day... so here is today's lyric...

"Professional Killer" by KMFDM

Conquer your world
Study you quietly
Count the ways
I'll do anything you say
There will be no holding back
Legions of me

So cruel
Longing eternally
Bitter sweet possibilities
A tiger on the attack
Ready to bleed

Tragically yours
Obey and submit to me
I will find you
Wherever you hide
Got a thrill for the hunt
A skilled criminal mind

So calm
Tracking your every move
Unrelenting my conscious clear
Beyond a shadow of doubt
A force to be feared

Wretched and pure
Tricky and dangerous
Do not question
Or challenge your fate
A promise written in blood
Take life for pay

Yours is not to ask why
Yours is to do and die
Professional killer!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm having an Exceptionally "Crankpants" day... so here is today's lyric...
"Professional Killer" by KMFDM
Oh, that is unusual.. :) And what kind of day is a crankpants day?? I have never heard that either?

Hey I know you will never read my counterpoint choon and so I will just post whatever I want in here, pffft! Ahh the mighty Klaxons.. I got to do the groupie backstage huggy photo thing at an early gig before they were anybody :D
oooh I love quirky :D J
from now on.. you can forget all future plans

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Please have a listen to this if you need a cheer or a lift.. The Cult, Painted on My Heart.. wow this is just such a mighty choon *goosebumps* AND supersonic cars too woohoo I am in spark plug heaven at this :D Angelina never looked better ;)
Hearing this has just made me **SO** happy today.. Man.. Let me know if you were able to JUST listen to this once.. :) J

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep had a crankypants kinda day myself. Strait to the NIN !

Head Like a hole
Black as your Soul
I'd rather Die
Than Give you control.

It is into a Downward Spiral. Thank god tomorrow is 3 hours BJJ and I can work out some aggression.
Lori

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Head Like a hole
Black as your Soul
I'd rather Die
Than Give you control.

Ah Yes... Trent. Personally tho I prefer this one of his...

this is the first day of my last days
i built it up now i take it apart climbed up real high now fall down real far
no need for me to stay the last thing left i just threw it away
i put my faith in god and my trust in you
now there's nothing more ****ed up i could do
wish there was something real wish there was something true
wish there was something real in this world full of you...

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Were you born an *******?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'Cause you're an ******* tonight
"

Song's been going through my head tonight after reading a few threads here.

I don't know why.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Head Like a hole
Black as your Soul
I'd rather Die
Than Give you control.

It is into a Downward Spiral. Thank god tomorrow is 3 hours BJJ and I can work out some aggression.
Lori

Ah Yes... Trent. Personally tho I prefer this one of his...

wish there was something real wish there was something true
wish there was something real in this world full of you...
'fraid you are both wrong this time. Best NIN bar NONE... Talk to me Trent, that is it.. right there..
You give me the anger.
You give me the nerve.
Carry out my sentence.
While I get what I deserve.

I'm just an effigy to be disgraced.
To be defaced.
Your need for me has been replaced.
And if I can't have everything well then just give me a taste.

Latest Discussions