Shaolin Kempo Technique Archive

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you haven't stopped by lately, check out the archive. There's a lot to see. Folks from all over (especially some of our Martialtalk stalwarts) have been putting up video to help with the sharing.

Thanks to all the folks who are putting themselves out there to help the greater good.

Matt

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have the 50's? I am missing 52, 56, & 58, but my real problem is I think I might have two mixed up. I need someone to help me with 53 and 57.

Without explaining the whole technique in detail, one has you trap the punch then strike the attacker's throat with a cross knife. Left hand reaches behind the attacker's head to expose the throat for a right knife hand strike. Then both hands break the neck.

The other has you parry the strike with your left hand followed by a left front kick to the stomach or groin. Left knife hand strike to the neck along with a right knife hand strike to the body. Right knee to groin or stomach while both hands sort of hug attacker. Right foot lands backwards and you turn around while hugging attacker. This throws attacker to the ground. Kneel down with your right knee pressing against attacker's ribs. Right crane's beak to throat and left crane's beak to groin.

I'm sure that there are variations to those moves but if they sound familiar to anyone, please help me out. Thanks.

the above techniques are DM #58 and #53 although I have 53 with right shuto to neck. One of the SK masters says 46 and 47 would constantly change positions at different workouts so you may have different #s then I have been given on techniques if that was also done with other DMs.
#52 is similar to 16, #56 is the jump spinning back kick technique, #57 is the double beak technique.

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
i think it would be better to show em in video form that way you could at least see how the technique is executed

Eventually. Youtube is beginning to offer good returns on searches. I'll start putting some up at some point, but if anyone has any footage that they can send in / post, I'd be happy to feature it instead of making folks look at me.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the effort and time in compiling this compedium of techniques.

Chris

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Eventually. Youtube is beginning to offer good returns on searches. I'll start putting some up at some point, but if anyone has any footage that they can send in / post, I'd be happy to feature it instead of making folks look at me.

I will be doing a video series of DM's 1-21 in the next couple of weeks ill send em your way, send me a pm with the shipping info.....

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Pardon the 'necropost', but I just wanted to pop in with an update. Things have been chugging along at the archive, but I'm done with another bout of grad school, so it should get a little more lively over there. We have many new videos, including a bunch for the combinations. I'll be by soon enough with a have / need list, but right now the archive is up to hundreds of pages, all but about a dozen combinations written out, most of the forms, and video for probably a third of the combos. Not bad, but more is coming. Stop by when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Matt

Latest Discussions