Shaolin Kempo Karate

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaolin ninja 4

Green Belt
Reaction score
AHH the truth comes out. The students of ussd dont know what goes on behind the scenes there and should. Dont get me wrong a lot of good instructors at ussd but the managment is not the best IMHO.

I 've heard of the bullying other schools that leave and I think thats wrong.
Treat people well and pay them well and they wont leave you.

Instructors are over worked IMHO. 50 plus hours a week. No health insurance 401k,no taxes taken out. You only get christmas off and new years day. You make around 300-400 a week again no taxes taken out.
Good instructor that dont make it to 150 students and charge them 195 a month for lessions quit because they dont make any money.

VILLARIS is never mentioned!!!!

I AM DONE WITH MY RANT NOW.

Iron Leopard

Green Belt
Reaction score
shaolin ninja 4

You do have some good points and there is a lot of truth to what you say. I won't argue anything just saying that it's not all bad at USSD and yes they never mention FV ever? They don't mention ussd very much at FV either though! lol

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
shaolin ninja 4

You do have some good points and there is a lot of truth to what you say. I won't argue anything just saying that it's not all bad at USSD and yes they never mention FV ever? They don't mention ussd very much at FV either though! lol

Actually, I know of FV Masters that have their USSD rank certificates up in their office. The ones that know the history of USSD, when asked a question if they teach the same thing will speak the truth. They will say that USSD was originally with them, but broke off. FV's USSD has been around since 1968...Can I say that much about the current day USSD? To be honest, USSD should mention FV because how else would Master Mattera get his rank from 1st - 7th degree black? He created a lot of the forms and combinations taught after black...right...he should never be mentioned in a USSD school.

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
shaolin ninja 4

Why would Villari's mention USSD?
He didn't create any forums or combinations with Fred Villaris.
Mattera was just a DM with Fred Villaris nothing more.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still dont understand what the argument is about. Its too hard to understand. People saying this system screwed me those people did this or that. Whats the point?

B

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I still dont understand what the argument is about. Its too hard to understand. People saying this system screwed me those people did this or that. Whats the point?

B

Actually, I have no idea anymore

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I train in shaolin kempo karate under grandmaster fred villari. I am dedicated to the system and the longer i train the more i am amazed by it. Many people though talk badly of villari and his system. I dont understand this. Is it cause they saw a villari student who was a little more then less then perfect? I would like to know what others think about villari and his system.

Thank You KempoGuy06! The best post in here so far. In, yet, ANOTHER attempt to put the thread back on course, I've once again brought out the original question. Could we all please stick to it, if not, Then I request that the MODERATORS please close the thread, 'til we all play nice.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank You KempoGuy06! The best post in here so far. In, yet, ANOTHER attempt to put the thread back on course, I've once again brought out the original question. Could we all please stick to it, if not, Then I request that the MODERATORS please close the thread, 'til we all play nice.

people speak ill of FVSSD because of the fact that FV promoted himself to 10th degree...

I'm playing nice now...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
So did every other american, Hawaiin pioneer, back in the day. Nothing ill is spoken of them. So, that's not the reason, it was the business politics that he did back then. Funny thing is there's alot of that going around now.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So did every other american, Hawaiin pioneer, back in the day. Nothing ill is spoken of them. So, that's not the reason, it was the business politics that he did back then. Funny thing is there's alot of that going around now.

There's that too...I'm a victim of that.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im pretty sure my system comes from Villari (will check this) and if imperfection is a reason to bash it then for the love of God nobody watch me. I get praise from my instructor on things that i do and i always laugh at him and tell him that im terrible. This is how i motivate myself to become better. We can call it constructive criticism for lack of a better term.

No one is perfect. No one will ever be perfect. If you think you are perfect keep dreaming cause someone out there is better than you.

So again stop the bashing of the other systems. Its disrespectful to that system and its people. You never know your ill remarks could be aimed at a system that has directly or indirectly saved someones life (I will be more than happy to give an example if i am asked to).

B

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Im pretty sure my system comes from Villari (will check this) and if imperfection is a reason to bash it then for the love of God nobody watch me. I get praise from my instructor on things that i do and i always laugh at him and tell him that im terrible. This is how i motivate myself to become better. We can call it constructive criticism for lack of a better term.

No one is perfect. No one will ever be perfect. If you think you are perfect keep dreaming cause someone out there is better than you.

So again stop the bashing of the other systems. Its disrespectful to that system and its people. You never know your ill remarks could be aimed at a system that has directly or indirectly saved someones life (I will be more than happy to give an example if i am asked to).

B
So is your style an off shoot of Villari's

Iron Leopard

Green Belt
Reaction score
I can't think of anyone who teaches SKK how wasn't taught under USSD or FV. Or someone who branched off from either of those two systems somehow.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can't think of anyone who teaches SKK how wasn't taught under USSD or FV. Or someone who branched off from either of those two systems somehow.

Um, Ralph Castro teaches Shaolin Kenpo Karate and isn't from FVSSD or USSD.

Iron Leopard

Green Belt
Reaction score
do you know his lineage? somehow I don't know the name! I know I know I need to get out more.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
GGM Castro was a student of both Prof. William Chow and GGM Ed Parker Sr. He was given consent by Prof. Chow to call his system Shaolin Kenpo since that was what Prof. Chow called his system back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions