Self defense - TKD girl avoids kidnapping

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a young girl near me claimed she had been abducted on her way to,school, made up. Another one who,claimed she had been dragged into a car and raped, that was made up as well

and you could be making that up.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
it wasn't supposed to, it was in answer to your allegation that I had made up the case of a young woman claiming she had been dragged in to a car and raped

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it wasn't supposed to, it was in answer to your allegation that I had made up the case of a young woman claiming she had been dragged in to a car and raped

Again though you are skewing my posts, I did not say you were making it up, I said you could be making it up, you however went further in the case of the Canadian girl, you intimated very strongly that she was lying, you had no proof other than what you thought you read between the lines in a newspaper report. It seems it's fine for you to chuck accusations around but when it's pointed out you could be making something up you get all snotty.
You made a statement about young girls and can't prove it so you post up something about that Redcar woman which has nothing to do with anything frankly. That it happened in Redcar doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it is has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Few police officers like working there, none I know do. It has the highest knife crime figures and is the place where two men buried a dog alive after driving a nail through it's head, not to mention all the murders, nothing that comes out of Cleveland surprises me.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again though you are skewing my posts, I did not say you were making it up, I said you could be making it up, you however went further in the case of the Canadian girl, you intimated very strongly that she was lying, you had no proof other than what you thought you read between the lines in a newspaper report. It seems it's fine for you to chuck accusations around but when it's pointed out you could be making something up you get all snotty.
You made a statement about young girls and can't prove it so you post up something about that Redcar woman which has nothing to do with anything frankly. That it happened in Redcar doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it is has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Few police officers like working there, none I know do. It has the highest knife crime figures and is the place where two men buried a dog alive after driving a nail through it's head, not to mention all the murders, nothing that comes out of Cleveland surprises me.
I said MAYBE she is making it up

OP
morlock

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
All right. Now I'm sorry for having shared that story. In the future I'll refrain from posting non MA technical stuff. Hopefully I will avoid creating threads that end with such stupid debates.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right. Now I'm sorry for having shared that story. In the future I'll refrain from posting non MA technical stuff. Hopefully I will avoid creating threads that end with such stupid debates.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Are you so sure they are 'stupid' debates or a reflection of what happens in real life? This is a place for conversation, you don't get to dictate which way a conversation goes when there are a lot of people involved. In real life which actually MT is a part of, people are stupid enough to think young girls are all liars, I can't help that but I can refute it, if you want to stifle free speech then we can't stop you but really, post what you like, just don't think you will always get the reaction you want.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully I will avoid creating threads that end with such stupid debates.
The only way to do that would be to remove the stupid members from the forum first. The best you can do is add them to your ignore list. If we all stopped creating threads for fear of stupid people posting stupid stuff there'd be no more threads.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Shouldn't the kid have been able to identify the guy straight away and not wasted days interviewing the wrong guy

It sounds like the guy came up behind her in an alley and grabbed her? So it's possible she didn't get a good look at his face before hitting him and running off. Also, if it was something that had just happened before she reported it, she may still have been pretty shook up at first and not able to give a clear discription yet. It can take a while for your brain to settle down after a scary situation, whether that's a self-defense situation or a car accident or whatever.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It sounds like the guy came up behind her in an alley and grabbed her? So it's possible she didn't get a good look at his face before hitting him and running off. Also, if it was something that had just happened before she reported it, she may still have been pretty shook up at first and not able to give a clear discription yet. It can take a while for your brain to settle down after a scary situation, whether that's a self-defense situation or a car accident or whatever.
It said he grabbed her round the throat now that could've been from behind but it sounds more like it was from the front

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
he biggest clue is the tone of the two articles the first states the attack as a fact, the second has of phrases like claimed . It's quite clear there o's some doubt about the truth of the allegation
It is clear that the articles have different authors and one is a little more careful about their use of words.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope you don't work for the police, according to the news source. She was inside the building and entering the bathroom, when a man came out of the bathroom, grabbed her and tried to force her out of a door to a waiting car.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't work for the police, according to the news source. She was inside the building and entering the bathroom, when a man came out of the bathroom, grabbed her and tried to force her out of a door to a waiting car.
I hope you don't either since you seem willing to jump to conclusions about girls making up attacks

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope you don't either since you seem willing to jump to conclusions about girls making up attacks
I'm sure the police will be exploring that possibility, especially as they have spent some hours questioning an innocent man.
it's a simple binary decision tree. Ether she has made it up or it happened.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the police will be exploring that possibility, especially as they have spent some hours questioning an innocent man.
it's a simple binary decision tree. Ether she has made it up or it happened.

The police actually spend a lot of time questioning a lot of people, you shouldn't have any preconceived ideas in your head and you should be investigating not assuming the first person you pick up is guilty. Newspaper reports are by default either sketchy or uninformative, they get their 'stories' from so called witnesses or people who want to be witnesses. The chap the police picked up may well have been there and have valuable information which can take a while to get out of people, not because they are hiding anything but because the memory is a strange thing and sometimes has to be coaxed out to play.
As for your statement that it either happened or didn't, you get the award for being Captain Obvious, funnily enough we managed to think that for ourselves.

Latest Discussions