Self defense - TKD girl avoids kidnapping

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sure the police will be exploring that possibility, especially as they have spent some hours questioning an innocent man.
it's a simple binary decision tree. Ether she has made it up or it happened.
Yeah obviously but the police will investigate then decide. Not do what you did and say oh she probably made it up.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The police actually spend a lot of time questioning a lot of people, you shouldn't have any preconceived ideas in your head and you should be investigating not assuming the first person you pick up is guilty. Newspaper reports are by default either sketchy or uninformative, they get their 'stories' from so called witnesses or people who want to be witnesses. The chap the police picked up may well have been there and have valuable information which can take a while to get out of people, not because they are hiding anything but because the memory is a strange thing and sometimes has to be coaxed out to play.
As for your statement that it either happened or didn't, you get the award for being Captain Obvious, funnily enough we managed to think that for ourselves.
you seem to be dismissing completely the possibility that it didn't happen

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah obviously but the police will investigate then decide. Not do what you did and say oh she probably made it up.
thos is hard enough with out people just making things up. You see even people like yourself find it impossible to give truthful accounts of what has happened.
I said maybe she has made it up

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you seem to be dismissing completely the possibility that it didn't happen

and you have reading comprehension problems mate. I said nothing about her not making it up, I am explaining why the police take their time over investigations to find out whether it is made up or not. What you deduce in your mind is entirely in your mind and doesn't come close to what I was writing. I am only responsible for what I write, you are responsible for understanding and the simple fact is that you twist people's words into something you think they mean, worse I think you do it to troll and start arguments.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and you have reading comprehension problems mate. I said nothing about her not making it up, I am explaining why the police take their time over investigations to find out whether it is made up or not. What you deduce in your mind is entirely in your mind and doesn't come close to what I was writing. I am only responsible for what I write, you are responsible for understanding and the simple fact is that you twist people's words into something you think they mean, worse I think you do it to troll and start arguments.
I think that's kettle calling pot black to be honest

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it works either way round,

Apart from the fact you are very wrong. Unlike you I am making no judgements as to whether the attack was real or not, I keep an open mind however I also don't go spouting off about how it could be false because " young girls lie about being attacked all the time", well no they don't. Yes false charges are made by people but far less than you would have people think.
Your evidence that young girls make false reports all the time was the case of a woman who was reported by a tabloid newspaper as making a false accusation though the police statement doesn't say it was a false allegation but investigations are ongoing into a rape allegation involving people known to each other. So not exactly as you portrayed it based on what you read in the paper.
"As a result of police enquiries, officers have established that the circumstances surrounding a report of rape in Redcar on Friday 3rd March are not as first reported...
and officers are no longer looking for two men that forced a woman and her child into a vehicle on Redcar sea front.
Enquiries are ongoing into an allegation of rape involving people who may have been known to each other.
Anyone who may have seen a woman with a toddler between the area of Roseberry Road and Larkswood Road in Redcar between 4pm and 6pm or anyone with private CCTV footage covering the area at that time is asked to contact Cleveland Police on 101."

Update on Rape Investigation, Redcar

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apart from the fact you are very wrong. Unlike you I am making no judgements as to whether the attack was real or not, I keep an open mind however I also don't go spouting off about how it could be false because " young girls lie about being attacked all the time", well no they don't. Yes false charges are made by people but far less than you would have people think.
Your evidence that young girls make false reports all the time was the case of a woman who was reported by a tabloid newspaper as making a false accusation though the police statement doesn't say it was a false allegation but investigations are ongoing into a rape allegation involving people known to each other. So not exactly as you portrayed it based on what you read in the paper.
"As a result of police enquiries, officers have established that the circumstances surrounding a report of rape in Redcar on Friday 3rd March are not as first reported...
and officers are no longer looking for two men that forced a woman and her child into a vehicle on Redcar sea front.
Enquiries are ongoing into an allegation of rape involving people who may have been known to each other.
Anyone who may have seen a woman with a toddler between the area of Roseberry Road and Larkswood Road in Redcar between 4pm and 6pm or anyone with private CCTV footage covering the area at that time is asked to contact Cleveland Police on 101."

Update on Rape Investigation, Redcar
if your keeping an open mind what are you taking issue with?
I said maybe it didn't happen ergo maybe it did.
from this distance and knowing nothing about the girl the best anyone can say is its a50 50 chance either way

you seem to have invested in it giving the,girl account considerably more weight than is reasonable based on what you actually know about the events. That isn't particularly oppen minded on your part

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your keeping an open mind what are you taking issue with?
from this distance and knowing nothing about the girl the best anyone can say is its a50 50 chance either way

you seem to have invested in it giving the,girl account considerably more weight than is reasonable based on what you actually know about the events. That isn't particularly oppen minded on your part

Bollocks.
'Invested in', psychobabble at it's finest. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

As for this

'Ergo' means therefore, so basically your sentence reads " I said maybe it didn't happen therefore maybe it did' Nonsense.:cool:

I'm away out, I've spent enough time on your taradiddles, so farewell. :p

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bollocks.
'Invested in', psychobabble at it's finest. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

As for this

'Ergo' means therefore, so basically your sentence reads " I said maybe it didn't happen therefore maybe it did' Nonsense.:cool:

I'm away out, I've spent enough time on your taradiddles, so farewell. :p
no that's a perfectly rational statement, if you conclude that maybe something didn't happen, you are also concluding that maybe it did. So maybe it didn't happen ergo( therefore) maybe it did, is fine

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right. Now I'm sorry for having shared that story. In the future I'll refrain from posting non MA technical stuff. Hopefully I will avoid creating threads that end with such stupid debates.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Don't worry about it.

People on this form sometimes can't agree that the day they are experiencing at present ends in "Y." Or about what time it is. Or, if it is raining outside. Or if Pluto is a planet.

Wait... that last one is tricky.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People on this form sometimes can't agree that the day they are experiencing at present ends in "Y

Bear in mind that for many on here English is not their first language so days for them don't end in 'y'.:)
And I am definitely not on the same time as many of you, for example as I post this it's 1726h my time. :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look this is boring me now basically you said something incredibly stupid and can't admit to it and keep digging yourself into a bigger hole
kettle calling pot black is not by any means an incredibly stupid thing to say

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't worry about it.

People on this form sometimes can't agree that the day they are experiencing at present ends in "Y." Or about what time it is. Or, if it is raining outside. Or if Pluto is a planet.

Wait... that last one is tricky.
not any more i understand

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind that for many on here English is not their first language so days for them don't end in 'y'.:)
And I am definitely not on the same time as many of you, for example as I post this it's 1726h my time. :)
Ha! I'm pretty sure Jobo and yourself are primarily English speakers, so therefore, I am pretty sure that all of the dauys pf the week, to both of you in English, end in Y.

To stop, take the time and thought to point out that other people speak other languages sort of makes my point.... Y'all just want to wrangle for wrangling's sake, I think.