Seiei kan Shaolin do Kung fu

shiro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been trying to reach someone who knows Mr. Day Who runs this branch of the Seiei kan. I wouold very much like to get back in contact with him.
Thank You

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry, i don't. but may i ask why you choose to post that here?

OP
S

shiro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am not sure what you said or should i say what you ment by what you said but it did come across rude.
Good Day

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shiro:

Please understand that everything in CuongNhuka's post below the line is a 'signature' and not directed at anyone in particular.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shiro said:
I have been trying to reach someone who knows Mr. Day Who runs this branch of the Seiei kan. I wouold very much like to get back in contact with him.
Thank You

Ok... why post this in the CMA section?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoa fellas. First, let me say welcome to MT, shiro.

Please do not be taken back by the posts here, they are not intended to be rude, I think everyone is just trying to get more information.

I think Shiro posted here because of the system he is refering to. It is often times held as a CMA.

7sm

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I take responsibility for placing the post here. It began in another section altogether. As the style is based in CMA, I felt he may get more discussion on the topic here.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah ok... i went & read part of that thread. Seems that Shaolin do is involved for the "kung fu". No commentary necessary.

The karate forum is definately the best place for this thread.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the seieikan thread, it seems folk are rather perturbed by Mr. Day.

But...I see Master The's (Mr. Day's teacher) history and current state here. Just a simple website; but, not much of a reason to think it's BS or anything. Grandmaster Day's history is briefly noted here. The connection between Seieikan and Master The's instruction seems to be made here.

I do not, however, see any reason to consider this branch karate, rather than cma.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is quite a controversy over that simple question. Shaolin Do has been dicussed, debated and argued about whether it is CMA or not. I personally could care less what they want to refer to it as....I'm not much of a purest or CMA historian.

7sm

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
From the seieikan thread, it seems folk are rather perturbed by Mr. Day.

But...I see Master The's (Mr. Day's teacher) history and current state here. Just a simple website; but, not much of a reason to think it's BS or anything. Grandmaster Day's history is briefly noted here. The connection between Seieikan and Master The's instruction seems to be made here.

I'm not addressing the have/have nots of who did what. That'd be a case of who's worse, why & how. Just not interested in that.

OnlyAnEgg said:
I do not, however, see any reason to consider this branch karate, rather than cma.

If you take 1 form of karate... name it something else, change the outside appearance to look like something else and then call it something else, has it changed?? No.

SD has incorporated bits & pieces of real CMA skills & sets into their organization, but due to an apparent lack of true CMA understanding at the top, is no longer CMA, but a closer relative to JMA/OMA than CMA but trying to look, feel & do CMA.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The thread seems to have wandered quite a bit. If anyone does have any info on Mr. Day, this would be a good place (for the time being) to place it. If one wants to debate Shaolindo Kung Fu, this thread is the spot to do so.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
shiro said:
I am not sure what you said or should i say what you ment by what you said but it did come across rude.
Good Day

I didn't mean to seem rude. I merely meant I haven't heard of this gentleman, and I am sorry I cannot help. I wouldn't have posted, but I was curious about why you orginally put your thread in the forum devoted to ki/chi/and so on. I'm sorry if you were offended. But the part under the little line is just a signature, a few quotes that aren't directed at anyone.

OP
S

shiro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was hopeing that maybe someone here might have some info on how to reach Mr.Day I thought since sevral Seiei Students was on here I thought maybe some of Mr. Days might be. I was not trying to flame on the Do thing.
Egg thanks for all your help!
Good Day

Latest Discussions