Screw PETA

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, the good folks at the Animal Rightwing Nut Club have brought forth a law suit against a young man who happens to be put in the saddle of the most expensive power prancing horse in the world.
Why?
well, the horse is a stallion, highly sought after to make new little power prancers, top show horse *....

* well, since they bought the horse the success did not establish itself as hoped (being that Dressage, AKA Power Prancing, is a highly subjective sport)
and they have reverted to training methods the former rider was pretty well known for.
It is called 'Rollkur' and gets the horse in a very tight 'frame', meaning the neck is curled up really tight.
Not my cup of tea for many reasons, however the community seems to have accepted it in the past decades, since Anky van Grunsven the Dutch Golden Girl, has been winning with this since 1994. The previous rider of the famous wonder stallion was working with her and has close ties to her training facility.

Important how?
Well, PETA is tinkling on a young man's leg for something somebody else has made famous and popular.
I am guessing for the same reason they don't throw paint on bikers: They'd be stoned to death with rotten Gouda should they mess with the gold squat of the Netherlands.

Now, there are special considerations to keeping stallions. True.
And show horses.

However, we all know since, that the welfare of animals is not really at the top of their list of priorities.

In response to this rather frivolous abuse of the justice system, a lady from NYC has started this little thing:
http://www.justgiving.com/screwpeta

It responds with the Gambia Horse and Donkey trust
a not for profit providing education and veterinary care to the people and their charges in Gambia. Much emphasis is put on education.
For real animal welfare, not taking a leak into the oats of one of the best cared for horses on the planet!
(but I guess the lawyers want to eat, too...:rolleyes:)

:lol:

seriously, a buck would go a long way to help out the animals AND the people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This side of PETA I have a lot of time for:

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ph...ert-christina-applegate-2225919-2560-1969.jpg

:angel:

The rest ... like pretty much their whole 'mission', not so much.

Animal cruelty is vile and something we should all work to use our purchasing power to prevent. Use of animals for our purposes is something that has gotten us this far in our history and we wouldn't ahve made it without them. However, if science continues to advance the way it is, it is something we can leave behind as we learn to make the products (that we use animals for) ourselves.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This side of PETA I have a lot of time for:

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ph...ert-christina-applegate-2225919-2560-1969.jpg

:angel:

The rest ... like pretty much their whole 'mission', not so much.

Animal cruelty is vile and something we should all work to use our purchasing power to prevent. Use of animals for our purposes is something that has gotten us this far in our history and we wouldn't have made it without them. However, if science continues to advance the way it is, it is something we can leave behind as we learn to make the products (that we use animals for) ourselves.

There is something science can't give you a nuzzle from a velvety or a wet nose can give you though.

And while I am all for science, it seems that the innards of mankind have not kept up in development with the brain: The body knows when food is not real.

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Do you just throw out the "rightwing nut club" against anything you disagree with? PETA is hardly right wing, they're as liberal as it gets.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you just throw out the "rightwing nut club" against anything you disagree with? PETA is hardly right wing, they're as liberal as it gets.

touche

I think it was because I was looking at the background of calming blue.

no, they are not political (if anything, probably left...far left from me...) but certainly flaming nutballs.

Or wing nuts....got me on the right! :D

Regardless, they are insane. Ought to be criminal...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PETA and their head support terrorists and terrorism. They run kill shelters.
In short, the org is crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainesr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When I was a kid these losers pushed to stop the fur industry where I lived. Their plan to raise awareness was to raise about a hundred raccoon and sell them for pets. Later after the money ran out they put down a hundred raccoon. The very animals they were "saving". Now the fur industry is dead, rabies cases are becoming a hazard, and injuries and cost to people from car accidents due to an overpopulation of raccoon are more numerous. Now they have started spending our tax money vaccinating raccoon when before a healthy fur trade emulated predators and kept things in check while producing income rather than sucking our tax dollars down the toilet.

~Rob

Latest Discussions