Scholastic grades and Martial Arts.

A

ArtlessArt

47MartialMan said:
So if Johnny had a "C" average before, then he should not enroll in martial arts in the firsyt place. Because in accordance, he doesn;t have the GPA.
Like Shu2Jack said, its not a matter of having a "C" average because I also beleive that training may lead to that "C" average to jump to a "B" or even "A" average. Its fine to start training with less than perfect grades. The thing that is the problem is if grades were to drop it'd be best to focus less on Martial Arts and more on books. This is especially true in middle/high school aged kids, they had ought to solidly understand that an education will serve them well, perhaps better than martial arts as far as making a living. Once you're in college it's your money and if you want to blow it on a university education and not excell because your only concern is martial arts, it's no longer my place to say anything.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've had student's whose grades were abysmal when they began training.. with the added confidence they attained from MA training, their school grades improved. Also in our particular curriculum, we have an enormous amount of mental material as well as the physical aspect. This means the 9 yo child is learning the same material as the adult student, Though we may not expect the 9 yo to understand it as we would an adult.. just an example :)

OP

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I follow and somehwat agree with the concept of it. But it didn't much matter back in the "day". Times and concepts have to change, as well as martial arts

Latest Discussions