Say hello to the unemployable

If you saw me, you'd figure I'd be the least likely defender for these folks. My appearance varies from drab to boring, work attire being business shabby. I have no desire to change, most especially not to look like these people.

But you know what? I think they have the right to live and look however they want to. I've written here about my gun ownership, and most recently against Hellary potentially telling me I can't eat at Mikky D's anymore.... seems to me that THE RIGHT TO BE LEFT ALONE protects them as much as it does me. If the government has no business outlawing my Arby's French Dip sub, it also has no business interfering if some guy wants his tongue split in Illinois. I don't understand why anyone would want to, but I don't need to understand. It's his life and his tongue, too.

I see somebody who looks like this at a store I go to. He's one of the friendliest and most knowledgable people in the place. Nobody would figure he and I would have anything to talk about, but we do. I'd far rather see him than somebody who looks like me, but who's careless and hostile. There's a lot more to the species than simply appearance.

To me, the unique thing about America is that people can live the way they want, be who they want, associate with who they want and look as they want.

Some folks want large tattoos or multiple piercings, fine, I'll stick with my worn Dockers. We all should be able to do just that.

Nobody is questioning their right to do what they want with their bodies. What is in question or open to interpretation is why do people go to these extremes- then complain when people don't take them seriously or trust them.

No doubt- you have the right to alter your body as you see fit- just don't get pissed off when somebody percieve you as odd or as a lower level in their group of friends. Because they also have THAT RIGHT
Remember tattoos were primarily viewed as prison art for many years and those with tattoos were percieved as criminals. Some still do.

Latest Discussions

Back