Rush!!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm stunned that people are talking politics, religion, and even to a certain extent martial arts on this site when the biggest news of the day has little to do with any of these topics:

Geddy Lee on Rush's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: 'We'll Show Up Smiling'

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been a source of tremendous frustration for years in the Rush fan community. The group didn't appear on a ballot until this year, even though they've been eligible since 1998. It's caused some fans[...]to sour on the whole institution, but Rush themselves always claimed that this didn't bother them, and the patience paid off.

Yes, settling the whole Israel-Palestine thing would be nice too--but at least we've solved the biggest problem facing the world! Rush rocks!

[yt]U7DFsBcVMDA[/yt]

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neil Peart, though-maybe the best drummer of all time, and gifted writer and lyricist....:asian:
(Just wish that there were instumental versions of all their songs, though.....)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Geddy's voice, like Bowie's, is not a great 'singing' voice technically but I grew to like Rush as they are from the very first moment I heard the opening bars of 2112. So, whilst he'll never make any Best Vocalist lists, its tone and timbre 'fits' the wonderful music Rush have always produced {cough ... cough ... Power Windows is terrible ... cough}.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Geddy's voice, like Bowie's, is not a great 'singing' voice technically but I grew to like Rush as they are from the very first moment I heard the opening bars of 2112. So, whilst he'll never make any Best Vocalist lists, its tone and timbre 'fits' the wonderful music Rush have always produced {cough ... cough ... Power Windows is terrible ... cough}.

To his credit, Geddy Lee can carry a tune, and sings well enough. His "instrument" itself is just.......awful. He does the best he can, though-and their music is wonderful.

David Bowie, on the other hand, at least sounds like a human being in possession of his own set of testicles....:lfao:

smithr

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been a Rush fan for a long, long time. But, I think the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. I never understood how Abba, Madonna, & Run-DMC could make it in before Alice Cooper, Rush, Guns & Roses.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I seen Rush play twice in Toronto, 1983 and 2008 (?) Great shows both times. 2112 is one of the greatest albums ever made.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Geddy Lee's voice does take some getting used to, I grant! I agree that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has made, er, odd choices, but this is a step forward. Geddy Lee mentioned Deep Purple and Procul Harem as other missed acts.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Geddy Lee's voice does take some getting used to, I grant! I agree that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has made, er, odd choices, but this is a step forward. Geddy Lee mentioned Deep Purple and Procul Harem as other missed acts.

Especially Deep Purple. Cmon, they deserve more respect.