Rory Miller Conflict Communication Seminar

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from a Rory Miller seminar called "Conflict Communication." A general description of the course can be found at:

http://www.chirontraining.com/Site/ConCom.html

The course wasn't physical like many of the seminars that I have attended, but it was incredibly valuable, much more than what another technique or drill or two would give me. The understanding of why and how ingrained social behaviors interact with survival instincts and the logical higher brain functions and how the whole mess interacts to cause, escalate, or de-escalate violence is huge. I'll be working on my own head for a while now.

I was already impressed with his first book (Meditations on Violence) and now I'm afraid he is going to be on my list of "can't miss" seminars, fortunately for me he lives in my state. If you ever get a chance, try to make one of his seminars, you won't be sorry.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Rorys book. An excellent read. Its definately one of those books where you can read it from front to back, and do it again, and again. :)

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aw, nutz! That would have been great training for my job. I'm sure they'll come around again.

poollshark

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He just did a seminar in February at my school, 2 weeks after I started my lessons. I didn't attend :hb:

For those in the New England area I did just discover he'll be the guest instructor at The New England Martial Arts Camp in August.

http://www.damajkd.com/camp.html

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aw, nutz! That would have been great training for my job. I'm sure they'll come around again.
Rory is now in the "professional seminar giver" line. Check his site, and work with your bosses and maybe you can bring him in... especially since you don't have nearly the travel headache some of us would.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a chance to meet Rory and spend a few days with him.

Meditations On Violence

Facing Violence

He is definitely on my reading list.

I highly recommend his seminars.

He gives a twist to information you probably already know.
He will make you think in a different way.
He will fill in some unknown gaps you have in your own training both mental and physical.

Marc MacYoung and Rory Miller are coming out with a Conflict Communication book.

budogeek

White Belt
Reaction score
I've had the chance to train with Rory at one of his seminars, and I was very impressed. His seminars, and his books, are most definitely worth attending, and buying.

Rory Miller just wrote an article for the Guardian Angels, covering practical issues dealing unarmed against various kinds of violence, at different levels of force.
Here's the article: http://laguardianangels.org/rory-miller-on-lowest-level-force/