root techniques

T

TSUNAMI KENPO

I just read that one of the differences between Parker Kenpo and Tracy Kenpo is the nunber of root techniques used. Parker droped a tech. called Clawing Panther, ending a head or start of a tech. ,line or variations. Tracys and J. T. Will continue to teach the tech and its variations. My question is what are the root techniques? And what caused Parker to drop it?

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TSUNAMI KENPO said:
I just read that one of the differences between Parker Kenpo and Tracy Kenpo is the nunber of root techniques used. Parker droped a tech. called Clawing Panther, ending a head or start of a tech. ,line or variations. Tracys and J. T. Will continue to teach the tech and its variations. My question is what are the root techniques? And what caused Parker to drop it?

Are you asking for a definition or a list? If it is a list that you want, then...

Could you define root technique? Do you mean techniques that the rest of the techniques are based off of? For example, in Parker's Kenpo, there are 10 Master Key techniques from which the rest of the 154 are based.

Or do you mean techniques without their variations? For example, in Tracy's Orange Belt, we have 30 techniques, but several of those techniques are taught with accompanying variations, so we teach 82 techniques in the belt. So, do you consider the root techniques the 30?

Latest Discussions