Ronda Rousey says she never lifts weights

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
She lifts people. And herself. Have you guys seen any of the drills and body weight exercises she does?

Doesn't make her any less crazy though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is what i was going to ask. No weights or no conditioning?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Look at the experience she has. Experience under enormous pressure. (Gee, ya think?) And look at her success in every damn thing.

Seems to me, these reporters should be asking her questions about training rather than reporting on what she doesn't do. I guess it's for the sake of a story, filler really.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
She lifts people. And herself. Have you guys seen any of the drills and body weight exercises she does?

Gal walks around at about 165-170 lbs. Regularly rolls with men who top out at 220.

I'd say she lifts weights.

Doesn't make her any less crazy though. :)

Most people don't even know the half of it. That girl stepped off the train from Psychoville years and years ago-her crazy makes her stronger, feeds her and keeps her warm......

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There is a big difference between where she weighs in, where she fights and where she "walks around."

She weighs in the night before a fight at 135lbs, but I'd say at least 15 lbs of that is water weight. And that's after a training camp. Day to day, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she averages about 165lbs.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
she walks around pretty close to her fighting weight, according to Dana. I think she competed in judo around 165-175. If you look at her then she is obviously much much heavier, as some judo players like to be.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a difference between 165 lbs and 135 lbs. Hell, I'm 6'1" and 195 lbs with a bit of musculature (I am by no means "ripped" though). With her being 5'7" and with her current build, I don't see 165 lbs... maybe in the middle there of 150 between fights. I've seen some old videos/photos of her a little bit heavier..ie back in her judo days but not nowadays.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between 165 lbs and 135 lbs. Hell, I'm 6'1" and 195 lbs with a bit of musculature (I am by no means "ripped" though). With her being 5'7" and with her current build, I don't see 165 lbs... maybe in the middle there of 150 between fights. I've seen some old videos/photos of her a little bit heavier..ie back in her judo days but not nowadays.

Hmm. Last time I was at the Hayastan Academy, about a month ago, she looked every bit of 160 lbs. to me. Maybe I'm not the judge of such things I once was.

Also, Dana White is about 250 lbs. of New England bull crap in a 50 lb. sack.
rolling.gif

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm. Last time I was at the Hayastan Academy, about a month ago, she looked every bit of 160 lbs. to me. Maybe I'm not the judge of such things I once was.

Also, Dana White is about 250 lbs. of New England bull crap in a 50 lb. sack.
rolling.gif
Hey, you can't beat seeing her in person. And I'm totally jealous... she's gorgeous.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a big difference between not lifting "weights" and not doing strength work. I guarantee she does strength work. But there are more ways to do that then with barbells. Medicine balls, resistance bands, bodyweight, kettle bells, etc. She didn't get that strong without a intense S&C regime.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Latest Discussions