Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Resources for Beginners

We all have to start somewhere, but "where" is often a challenge we all face. To help you, we have assembled a short list of starting points for you to review.

At the top is our own Martial Talk Reference Library. Containing a large number of links to "Frequently Asked Questions" pages, as well as health and fitness resources, it is an excellent starting point for research.

Additional Sites:
Martial Arts: Which One? CNN Oct 2001

So You Wanna Study Martial Arts

So you wanna do Martial Arts Huh by Andy Murray

Martial Arts Info

A Beginners Perspective....The Grading By Melanie Box

History of the Black Belt By Bob Hubbard

A Brief Look At Japanese Sword Arts [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Bob Hubbard [/font]

Martial Arts for the disabled through my eyes By Andrew Melrose
The Purpose of Kata by Andrew Green

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uh no Edmund...that's CAROL. With an "O". And I'm a "she" not a "he" :roflmao:

***ducking for cover***

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Was looking for some pics on handwrapping techniques and found this searching on here. Figured it would make sense to have in here since I suck at wrapping my hands yet and a lot of the people I know that are still pretty new are having the same problem.

Little picture walkthrough of one technique for wrapping your hands

www.boxinggyms.com/tips/wraps/ribbon/index.htm

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which links are broken, releana? Sometimes when a site shifts hosts or it's 'name' lapses the same thing can spring up elsewhere on the Net. A quick Google can often re-find the target of a link so it shouldn't be too hard to repair (if the sites still exist of course).

army

White Belt
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone has a workout plan to help with me starting MMA/bjj type, i can't train the moves but i want to train the body for it since i am in the middle of nowhere

thanks

Kira S

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to martial arts, but one of my friends recommended site www.which-martial-art.com

I downloaded a free report from this site and its really good. As well as the excellent info on this forum its really helping me find a club.

Hope it helps others too

Kira x

shane

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This the basic site for the beginner , i found it very useful resource for the people who want to lean about the martial arts specially for the new comer to this arts...

Shinjuku Kid

White Belt
Reaction score
yes. Find TK Chiba's videos re Aikido and see how he trains kenshusei. Chiba sensei had his nidan in old judo from way back in the day. very useful training methods. that's a start.

Latest Discussions