Beginner from Massachusetts, looking for advice

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is another fellow here, Mr. Shaun Siefer (I hope I'm spelling his last name right), he posts here occasionally as KempoShaun. He is a good guy, and also in the Worcester area and may be able to help you find a good school around Worcester County.

Thanks Carol, it's actually Seifer, but I'm always happy, even a year late, to help a new comer find the right school, be that private lessons with me, or finding a full fledged school. Thanks again for the mention, how have YOU been btw?

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will not give you my opinon on what style you should train in because you have a culture based style in mind now.
There are two Japanese schools in Boston that I know of. These schools are run by real Japanese Masters and they do not advertise much because they are of a true old school mindset, if you want to train with them then you will find them. A little homework and you will find their schools with ease.
I do know them and they are "good people" and tough.
Good luck.

savagek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I run the Winchendon Martial Arts Center/ Bujinkan Savage Dojo in Winchendon Massachusetts. Winchendon is a 40+/- minute drive from you. I have students from Worcester.

Please call or stop by for a visit.

Be well and Gassho,

Ken Savage
Bujinkan Shidoshi
781-864-6713
www.winmartialarts.com
[email protected]

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just to jump in a year or two late. . .

I make the drive up from Worcester to Winchendon 2-3 times a week and it's more than worth the drive. So long as there's no ice or snow storm it's even a pretty easy drive!

Matt

Latest Discussions