Research Threads

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All,

As I got into trouble related to this topic once before I want to say that I like to think of MartialTalk as a research avenue similar to a library or even a training camp.

It is in this spirit that I have and will start threads on topics such as Mr. Planas Seminars, Mr. Parker Jr Seminars, Kenpocamp etc so that we may have a place to deposit comments and opinions that can be quickly found by anyone looking for the scoop on such a topic.

I am thinking of a few more I will start, probably mostly in the Kenpo and Events sections, so this is a heads up. And if anyone flames me again for asking a question about a person, organization or event, then I will refer them back to this post to support my claim that I am browsing, asking and seeking info that I can't get at a local tournament, seminar or perhaps even from my own studio in a timely manner.

While it may seem peculiar on the surface, I know a few of us have had the experience of being in a school where we thought that surely we were standing over the Well of Knowledge only to later find out that not only were we not at the Well, but that we were not even drawing water from the right spring.

My point is that I think this forum in particular is a good place to "promote or expose" what you get from somewhere else and that this is a good thing as I'm sure Mr. C would agree.

In no case would I say that you might want to take something from this board to your instructor and say "See, you are wrong!" but I know there are people out there who may see something here and begin to pursue that line of investigation. My favorite quote is "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." This sort of sums up my purpose on this board I think.

So in this spirit I say Three Cheers for one of the best research tools on the planet! Hip, hip, hoorah for MartialTalk!
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We really hope that this site will be useful for research--it's one reason we try to encourage topicality and try to contain chatter to certain areas.

Latest Discussions