Request for a Boxing forum

G

GouRonin

I'd like to request a boxing forum in the "Western Martial Arts."

There is a general part but I think that a specific forum could be dedicated to Boxing.

Thank you.
:iws:

OP
E

Elfan

As the general public probably considers "boxing" and "martial arts" to be different things (ie lots of boxers probably arn't going to a place called "martial talk" to discuss their art), what do you think the focus of discuion in this new forum would be?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is some boxing traffic in the WMA forum, but the separate Fencing forum has not been very successful in attracting posts. Are there enough members with interest in boxing to populate such a forum?

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You got it.
45 or so day trial...see what kind of traffic you can kick up in there.

I want a 2-3 line description for it Gou...
so, get cracking!

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by GouRonin
I'd like to request a boxing forum in the "Western Martial Arts."

There is a general part but I think that a specific forum could be dedicated to Boxing.

Thank you.
:iws:

Russian Boxing?:confused:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, this is seperate. I believe Gous intent (Which he -will- clearify for the forum description like a good Gou) is amature and pro stuff, ala Ali, Tyson, etc.

:)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm a big fight fan, so yeah, I think it would be cool to have a boxing forum here.

If you're cramped for space and since fencing is not doing well, why not replace it with some boxing discussion? You have my vote. Boxing IS by the way a martial art... :boxing:

OP
G

GouRonin

To be fair though I think that Boxing deserves it's place far more than Fencing does. Nothing against Fencing but in terms of popularity there are more boxers.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
To be fair though I think that Boxing deserves it's place far more than Fencing does. Nothing against Fencing but in terms of popularity there are more boxers.

True--at least in North America. (How popular is fencing in Italy and Spain? I don't know.) We had thought that there'd be more interest in fencing! It may end up folded back into the WMA-General forum at some point. Hopefully the Boxing forum will do well!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Latest Discussions