Really old TKD video

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i'm wondering what bruce lee thought of it. because tkd has even more spectacular kicks than bruce lee ever did in his demos or movies. i thought these variations came up later so that could be why bruce lee's kicks had that hype, but now i just don't understand it anymore.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I rally enjoyed that, thanks for posting it. Park-Jong-soo is my teacher's teacher.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have to put 'really old' though? Some of us were around then lol. Nice video though, good to watch.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know you're getting old when almost everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work right. :(

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, i really enjoyed that. :droid: <---- we really need a "Ninja" EmO!!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did you have to put 'really old' though? Some of us were around then lol. Nice video though, good to watch.

So true! I had stopped training in TKD nearly 10 years before that, as well as having spent 4 years in the vacation spot of the world, Vietnam. :)

Prototype

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If I had to name one exponent of Chang Hon-TKD, and only one, it would be Jong-Soo Park. He is the Nakayama of TKD.

Prototype

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i'm wondering what bruce lee thought of it. because tkd has even more spectacular kicks than bruce lee ever did in his demos or movies. i thought these variations came up later so that could be why bruce lee's kicks had that hype, but now i just don't understand it anymore.

He was taught TKD by Jhoon Rhee, including aerial breaking.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
1973 was the year that Bruce Lee died. It was also the year that I opened my Kung Fu school (next door of Jhoon Rhee's old school in Austin, Texas).

That clip is not "really old".

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Opening up next door to Jhoon Rhee.... Well that's going in with confidence ;)
Jhoon Rhee had already moved out of Austin that year. His old school became a topless dancing bar (3403 Guadalupe St, Austin Tx) and next door was Hoffman Painting shop (later on became my Kung Fu school).

This picture was also taken back in 1973.

break.jpg

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What a cool piece of trivia! And now it's a Brazilian Waxing Spa?

Google Maps

I read once that Jhoon Rhee's first school in the DC area was at 2013 K Street NW in Washington, D.C., which I guess now is a pharmacy? Living near that area, whenever I wander down K Street I wonder what it would have looked like back then.

Google Maps

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
(Link deleted due to TOS...Jks9199, Admin)

Why do you keep posting that video clip everywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you keep posting that video clip everywhere?
It's spam. He's making no effort to actually engage in the conversations here - just trying to promote his YouTube channel even if it means posting his videos in entirely unrelated discussions.

Latest Discussions