Real WC Videos?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You do realise that in a real fight the aim of pretty much every fighter regardless of style is to put his opponent on the ground? If so then it's not that funny at all.

Its funny because there's plenty of people out there who say that that isn't the case. It would be very interesting to see a Bjj exponent in that situation when the fight hit the ground.

Also according to the comments they'd been training in their respective styles for 1 & 3 months. It wasn't meant as a shining example of flawless WC technique, more as a demonstration of non-compliance and 2 guys actually trying to hit each other.

Unfortunately, it looks like most WC I've seen when demonstrated at full speed and power against a resisting opponent.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its funny because there's plenty of people out there who say that that isn't the case. It would be very interesting to see a Bjj exponent in that situation when the fight hit the ground.

Unfortunately, it looks like most WC I've seen when demonstrated at full speed and power against a resisting opponent.

Unfortunately , the only Wing Chun you have ever seen has been on friggin YouTube.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unfortunately , the only Wing Chun you have ever seen has been on friggin YouTube.

Actually there was a local Wing Chun school in my area. I attended a couple of class in my youth.

The instructor turned out to be a total fraud and drug abuser and it was shutdown shortly thereafter.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually there was a local Wing Chun school in my area. I attended a couple of class in my youth.

The instructor turned out to be a total fraud and drug abuser and it was shutdown shortly thereafter.

And of course Bjj people have never been associated with criminal activities now have they?
Perish the thought , they're as pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And of course Bjj people have never been associated with criminal activities now have they?
Perish the thought , they're as pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

I never said that, but I will say that there's clearly a higher standard of quality control in Bjj than there is in WC. Probably because a Bjj black belt has a consistent and always present target on their back.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
So I would expect that most Wing Chun people are intelligent like me , and do not fight at the mere drop of a hat , but tend to
avoid trouble at all costs .

For that reason you are probably not likely to see footage of Wing Chun guys brawling in the street , we are the type that have already sensed the yobs at the other end of the bar getting loud and obnoxious , and thus have decided to leave and go to a more genteel venue a good half an hour before the fists and schooner glasses have started flying.

Skill in technique is good , but skill in awareness is even better.

Seriously? You really think that all WC people are the same? And like you at that? You must be really self centered.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I question why you put up an video that's over 2 years old and not also one of most recent, that way we can see your progression and comment accordingly.

As to what is wrong with your partner's punches, let me count the ways ... lots of long range light jabs, I don't see any committed punches, ie no intent, no power, not using his body mass (need not to be there to see generation of power), in a way IMO just waving of arms, and yes the title of the video did say light sparing.

The mantra "you fight the way you train" holds true, unlike some of the b#tch-slapping "sparing", the video you posted above is in deed an good example of the kind of training and sparing.

You may be right in regards to high percentage of people had studied MA all their lives had never fought, but I not sure what kind of fighting you're referring to. Martial art is not at all about fighting, it's about having the skill and conviction at hand when you do need to protect love ones and self. The highest skill level and the hardest to learned in MA is how not to fight.

BTW I remember reading some where that Ip Chun had never got into a fight, possible his big brother Ip Ching also ... I'm saying being in fight(s) has little to do with your perception of skill. Some people spend all their lives getting higher education with walls full of diplomas, but still is dumber than a box of rocks.

Well the thing is , it is my most recent videos, Does anyone watch my second one? I want to know if the opinions are the same haha. mind if i link it?
Thank you for that , For the next one ill ask him to go 80 percent , not 50. And tell him all those comments.

I just mean like street fights, sparring full contact. Even organised street fights.
I think you are right about Ip chun,But i remember my Sifu saying something about Ip Ching being in a fight or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well the thing is , it is my most recent videos, Does anyone watch my second one? I want to know if the opinions are the same haha. mind if i link it?
Thank you for that , For the next one ill ask him to go 80 percent , not 50. And tell him all those comments.

I just mean like street fights, sparring full contact. Even organised street fights.
I think you are right about Ip chun,But i remember my Sifu saying something about Ip Ching being in a fight or two.

Tell him not to slip backwards. That just offends me.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tell him not to slip backwards. That just offends me.

Alright I will

I have decided to take down the videos. But I will keep making more until i die, Hopefully each one will get better and better. But I want them all to represent Wing Chun in a good way. So as soon as I can I will . until then I will just keep training my *** off, this has sparked my motivation to train alot. It makes me sad to see the art I love look like crap , and to have people ridicule it especially when i know it works.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright I will

I have decided to take down the videos. But I will keep making more until i die, Hopefully each one will get better and better. But I want them all to represent Wing Chun in a good way. So as soon as I can I will . until then I will just keep training my *** off, this has sparked my motivation to train alot. It makes me sad to see the art I love look like crap , and to have people ridicule it especially when i know it works.

Mate , there are always going to be dickheads.
Don't train because you care about what dickheads think.

Train because you enjoy it.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Alright I will

Make sure you partner continues to train to. Part of making a legitimate demonstration of an art or skill is to show it works on a closely matched opponent. You opponent looked pretty overwhelmed there. I'd also recommend getting some head gear, even the head gear with protection which will allow you to work elbows.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Imo any shawn obasi video is quite bad wing chun. Who did he learn off? does he even have like a proper sifu?

Hes one of the people that make Wing chun look bad, especially in the mma tryout video.. what you guys think?

Latest Discussions