image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are the pics I took this morning. I was in a hurry so if they seem crappy I'm sorry. And if someone could post them in that site to appraise it, that would be awesome.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 32980

I laughed when I read that. I've been bed ridden the last week so give me a little credit.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Your sword looks like a sword of one of the fraternal orders, but take it to swordforum if you want a better answer. If I recall correctly their policy is that they won't provide value estimates but they will try to ID if for you.

D

Deleted member 32980

I would if I had time. Maybe someone with a account can link this site?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
View attachment 19108 View attachment 19109 View attachment 19110 View attachment 19111 View attachment 19112 View attachment 19113 View attachment 19108 View attachment 19109 Here are the pics I took this morning. I was in a hurry so if they seem crappy I'm sorry. And if someone could post them in that site to appraise it, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Yeah… it looks like a ceremonial Freemason sword… not that well looked after, but not necessarily anything that old, or valuable, bluntly… and, as for swordforum.com… dude, it's a forum… if you've got time to post it here, you have time to post it there.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer amount of misinformation that is readily available on the internet. This is despite how easy it is for people to properly educate themselves. Too many people would rather perpetuate misinformation than take the time and effort necessary to really learn about the subject they are writing about.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"The older the blade the better quality it is."
Wow.........no.......really, no.

Namii

Green Belt
Reaction score
hahaha the blood groove thing...Anything from wiki how is pretty much useless.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Imo wikihow occasionally has interesting articles but I would never look at wikihow for anything involving martial arts

LeonidShevchenko

White Belt
Reaction score
I think that Samuraise's sword's were truely great think for any collectors of the ancient weapons, straight lines, it's nice peace of art any way, but I would like to know, if some body know, how to distinguish the true weapon from the false ?

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think that Samuraise's sword's were truely great think for any collectors of the ancient weapons, straight lines, it's nice peace of art any way, but I would like to know, if some body know, how to distinguish the true weapon from the false ?

It depends on what you mean by "true" and "false". If you're looking for historical originals, then you buy from dealers with good reputations, which are easily searchable in this forum. The swords have papers and all that.

If by "true" you mean a functional japanese-style sword, there are excellent modern smiths all over the world. Pick one.

If you mean "how can I tell if a random Japanese sword I find in a shop somewhere is actually from the feudal period" then you need to get educated as a collector of such objects, which is no small task. Start studying.