Reading Parker's Infinite Insights

Have you read Parker's five Infinite Insights books?

• I have read all five of Parker's Infinite Insights books within the past year.

• I have read all five books more than a year ago.

• I have read some of the books, but not all of them.

• I have never read any of them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Now, maybe it's just me. But each time I read one of your psots, I just keep thinking you're getting wierder and wierder, and are unable to take a clue. If you keep calling someone, and they don't take your calls, at what point would you actually start to gather that they might not wish to dialogue with you? If you ask the ladies what the difference is between an ex-boyfriend and a stalker is, you'll get a lot of input about the ability to grab a clue, and take the hint when "no" is the only answer you recieve.

Stalking someone publicly, instead of privately, is still representative of the same clueless pathology. I've noted several threads where people have stopped replying to your prompts, you attempt to goad them to respond, and still they do not. I'm thinking there must be some truth to you being and old boxer, cuz the argument for degredation of gray matter is certainly evident in your actions.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Well it looks like you are guillty of your own preaching...

Guess we just have different ways to go about it.

Wait you just publicly stalked me and degraded me and you aren't even out the $115.00...

Interesting thought pattern you have...

Degraded, explain what you would call degrading? Regarding my request for him to answer me about the books...I am doing this to protect others from the same mistake...

Read the whole thread and send me an e-mail before I come down south so we can meet... or not...

Regards, Gary

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been out the money on other things before. IMHO, the best revenge is living well. I chalk it up to a lesson learned, and move to the next opportunity.

Degradation = the drain bamage what comes from many hours trading punches to the head in boxing training.

I ain't aimin' to rag on you (though now that I re-read my own post, it does read a bit on the pissy side); I'm just saying...if you badger the other kids in the sandbox enough to annoy them, you can't be surprised when you find yourself playing in it alone.

Regards,

Dave

PS -- check you mail.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Dave, I hear/read you...

Thanks for the e-mail, will be in touch...

Regards, Gary

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just finished Infinite Insights #2...Good read...Like Ed Parker said it is the basics...now to read his #3...

I really like the "Don't Quit" at the back of the book, by unknown author...
That is not basics that is "Higher level" stuff...

Glad I am semi retired, I never had the chance to read so much and not have to pass a test...LOL

Regards, Gary

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Gary,
that really made me LOL......" I never had the chance to read so much and not have to pass a test"..............you do realise that you are just another sad "KENPOIST" just like the rest of us, welcome to the club for the bewildered !
Respect
Rich

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
Gary,
that really made me LOL......" I never had the chance to read so much and not have to pass a test"..............you do realise that you are just another sad "KENPOIST" just like the rest of us, welcome to the club for the bewildered !
Respect
Rich
Hi Rich,
Thanks, and that is very true...

Regards, Gary

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
No problem Gary,
BTW, I do likSuccess your signature...."Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal: It is the Courage to Continue that Counts. "Sir Winston Churchill" ... Bulldog sprit and all that.
Rich

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
No problem Gary,
BTW, I do likSuccess your signature...."Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal: It is the Courage to Continue that Counts. "Sir Winston Churchill" ... Bulldog sprit and all that.
Rich
Rich,
Thanks, Sir Winston Churchill was a real indomitable person the World and England was very fortunate for him, at the right time and place...He sure took a lot of flack in his life time...Great man, one of my favorites...

Regards, Gary

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
GAB said:
Sir Winston Churchill was a real indomitable person the World and England was very fortunate for him, at the right time and place...He sure took a lot of flack in his life time...Great man, one of my favorites...

Yes, he did take a lot of flak, but he was the right person ,with the right attitude, in the right place at the right time.

"when you are going through hell, just keep going" SWC

T

TSUNAMIKENPO

In infinite insights vol. 5 SGM Parker lists 154 techniques as the MINIMUM STANDARD. In one of Lee Wedlakes books he says there are over 200 self defence techniques. Any one know these or how I can find them? TSUNAMI KENPO

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
TSUNAMIKENPO said:
In infinite insights vol. 5 SGM Parker lists 154 techniques as the MINIMUM STANDARD. In one of Lee Wedlakes books he says there are over 200 self defence techniques. Any one know these or how I can find them? TSUNAMI KENPO
Im not certian, but have you considered the freestyle techniques,the extensions, form seven, like five storms, gathering storms, reversing storms, repeating storms ect. ?? and perhaps the knife techniques of form 8.

And I'm sure there is more,

That's the beauty of kenpo. (But wait there's more! LOL)

Just my thoughts
Cheers

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That's the beauty of kenpo. (But wait there's more! LOL)
:eek: MORE??!!?!?!???!!??! no one told ME about this! More...as in "Lots, Lots more?"
As in near infinite...nigh limitless...somewhat boundless....never-run-out-of-possibilities.....
less-less...more?

right on. Sounds like the Kenpo that I signed up for :supcool:

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I own all five, but I've only read up through the third book. It was a very difficult read for me. I haven't looked at them for ages. I suppose it is time for me to pull them out and see if they can help me get motivated to resume my training.

JohnPeace

White Belt
Reaction score
Doc's comments are right on - Mr. Parker presented the books using his own material and style, they are what they are. If anyone can improve on the concepts and message they should do likewise in their own name, not change Mr. Parker's work.

OzPaul

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've just finished reading all 5 books for the first time. As i am new to the art i did not totally understand everything but with time and a few more reads i am sure i will get there.

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Don't get discouraged. Every time I read mine I find something new in each volume.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Still need to get me a set, I have checked them out from the library a few times. Between my theology books, school books, and martial arts book lists I will be reading for a lifetime or two...

Chris

Latest Discussions